+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Kara Responds!

DioGuardi on being `Idol' judge: It's not easy

Some highlights:

Cecile Frot-Coutaz, an executive producer on "Idol," said producers envisioned a fourth judge could create a time crunch.
    "It's hard for (the judges) to figure out whether they've spoken for 30 seconds or 45 seconds, so ... we're going to try and help them with that and give them a sense of their timing so that we keep it under control a bit more," Frot-Coutaz said...

It's clear she [Kara] takes her job very seriously. In conversation, she offered unprompted, thoughtful analyses of various finalists; she often schedules one-on-one advising sessions with hopefuls after they get voted off...

Frot-Coutaz said the four-judge system has worked thus far, and viewers have responded positively to DioGuardi.
    "We're certainly not talking about going back to three at this point. ... We're pleased with the fourth judge," she said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Associated Press;3418883;
    ...and viewers have responded positively to DioGuardi.
    In what parallel universe?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3418913;
    In what parallel universe?
    Ha! I took that to mean that somewhere out there are some viewers who had (mostly) positive things to say about Kara; at any rate there is more than one, which allowed her to use the plural without fear of being sued.

It's called "spin", baby!

That said, I am on record as being pro-Kara in any proposed judge reduction. I'd boot Randy who contributes nada, IMHO. But, to each their own.

It is impressive that Kara often schedules one on one time with hopefuls after they have been voted off. Do any of the other judges do this? I'm sure whoever gets her counciling appreciates it and realizes all this benefit from having been a contestant on IDOL not only for public exposure but how to go about suceeding in their careers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3418952;
    It is impressive that Kara often schedules one on one time with hopefuls after they have been voted off. Do any of the other judges do this? I'm sure whoever gets her counciling appreciates it and realizes all this benefit from having been a contestant on IDOL not only for public exposure but how to go about suceeding in their careers.
    Kara is the only one I've heard mention of doing this. Anyone else heard anything?

I remember Adam saying once (in a behind-the-scenes video) that after getting a critique from Kara that he was "theatrical" two weeks in a row he went up to her after a show and asked her what she meant by that. She said that she meant that it looked like he was "acting", or pretending to have emotion instead of actually being connected to the meaning of the song. Adam thought that was a really good note and said he has worked on that in later performances.

I don't understand why so many people have assumed that going back to 3 judges would mean that either Kara or Paula would leave. I think Randy adds the least to the commentary on a regular basis, and I'd vote to keep Paula and Kara, but ditch Randy.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Simon seems to be the most likely to leave given his recent interviews, a snippet of which is posted below:

Cowell told the UK's Mirror. "One may have to go. I don't know which one. That is the problem, I like all of them. I can't imagine not doing Britain's Got Talent and I can't imagine not doing X Factor. But I guess [American Idol] is more likely to go because I have got one year under contract. Maybe that will be the end."
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3419832;
    Simon seems to be the most likely to leave given his recent interviews, a snippet of which is posted below:

Cowell told the UK's Mirror. "One may have to go. I don't know which one. That is the problem, I like all of them. I can't imagine not doing Britain's Got Talent and I can't imagine not doing X Factor. But I guess [American Idol] is more likely to go because I have got one year under contract. Maybe that will be the end."
    I can tell you that if Simon leaves and these 3 goofs are left, they lost me as a viewer. I only watch to hear what Simon has to say
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3419017;
    I don't understand why so many people have assumed that going back to 3 judges would mean that either Kara or Paula would leave. I think Randy adds the least to the commentary on a regular basis, and I'd vote to keep Paula and Kara, but ditch Randy.
    I agree with you 100%. Randy is annoying (what's with the booing Simon, like someone in junior high would do) and inarticulate. It would be no loss to the show if he were to leave and go back to producing records with Mariah (or one of the other names he drops so frequently).

FORT Fanatic

Simon's recent comments about leaving the show are more than likely the result of his contract coming up for negotiations. There is no way AI would have been the hit it has been without Simon.
    I would think he would stay for the right money. Which is flowing out of this show now, so I dont see TPTB canning Simon.
    Kara was a knee-jerk reaction to Paula's off show antics. And as most knee-jerk reactions go this one was up to the normal stupid standards,

+ Reply to Thread