+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

What a relief. Now I no longer have to watch this silly show.

BTW, the Daily Mirror, which reported this, is no more reliable than The Star here in America. Take it with a bag of salt.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3410822;
    OH MY GOD.........

I'm just going to drop this here, and the post the rest in the Simon Cowell thread.

We've been speculating on who might not be coming back next year. Looks like we all got it wrong.
    Seems like a money ploy to me. And why not, everyone knows the real money is after the seventh year of airing. If Mr Cowell plays it correctly, he can be set for life. The man aint dumb.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3410833;
    Seems like a money ploy to me. And why not, everyone knows the real money is after the seventh year of airing. If Mr Cowell plays it correctly, he can be set for life. The man aint dumb.
    You may be right about the money negotiation. But Cowell is worth $200 million (according to Wikipedia). I'd say he's already set of life.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3410838;
    I'd say he's already set of life.
    Absolutely, unless he wants to buy an aircraft carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3410539;
    Well, here goes nothing.... I for one (and it looks like the only one) prefer Kara over Paula. If they had to keep just one, then I hope they get rid of Paula. She..just..can't..talk.. and it drives me crazy - especially when they're running short on time and she can't coherently put her words together! It seems to me Kara knows more and provides more constructive criticism than Paula's out-there comments. Since they've already seen/heard the songs from dress rehearsal, why can't Paula come up with something to say without stumbling over her words?? Kara's not the greatest critic, but then neither is Randy. I still would rather listen to either of them than Paula's dumb "rainbow" comments, etc.
    okay ... have at it....

navybelle, I don't want you to be lonely behind that wall, so scoot over, there are two of us!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

OK magazine goes with this cover: "Idol Wars!"

It’s not just the contestants fighting to stay alive each week on American Idol. Both Paula Abdul and Kara DioGuardi are in danger of losing their spots alongside Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson at the overcrowded judges’ table next season, and the tension among the panelists has become unbearable.

“The plan to add a fourth person backfired,” an Idol insider tells OK! about the troubles that have been mounting since Kara joined the cast at the beginning of this season. “Now the producers are left with a tough decision: Do they go back to the original three-judge format, or leave Kara there?”

By the power of the people,
    I hereby declare Paula the winner.

The American Idol producers love to turn anything into controversy. While the fourth judge idea has failed this year, it has provided endless conversation on the boards and some publicity in the media. For AI, any publicity is good publicity. THe DVR episode last week is another example.

The bottom line is that the core "cast" of the show is Ryan, Randy, Simon and Paula. The producers and the judges have all said in the past that the chemistry between these four is extremely good. Kara has interrupted this chemistry. I expect the four stars of this show will return next year, probably without Kara.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Bah heck with Kara DioNeedstogoawayo and Paula.. I want to know the reason Adam can't win! lol

Why didn't I get this delivered!!! I need to cal OK now
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I really hope they do dump Kara for next year. It is not that I have a problem with her personality, or think that she's worse than Paula, I just think she doesn't bring enough to the table to make it worth the extra time spent with judges comments now. And, if they plan on keeping it that only two judges talk to save time, it is a disaster. Everyone wants to hear what Simon has to say!

+ Reply to Thread