+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3407769;
    I want Howard Stern as a guest judge.
    He is a fan of American Idol.
    ...............oh Kyle He's a slimy, sleazy, slythering snake!

Thank you, I feel better now.

If the producers feel they want to shake things up a bit, I like the idea of guest judges. Adding Kara as a 4th judge is not working for the fans. I'd like to see Barry Manilow -- I know, that sounds lame, but I thought he was one of the best celebrity coaches they've had.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3402993;
    This board seems pretty much 100% unanimous on wanting Paula back and not Kara so I hope someone's listening!
    Well, here goes nothing.... I for one (and it looks like the only one) prefer Kara over Paula. If they had to keep just one, then I hope they get rid of Paula. She..just..can't..talk.. and it drives me crazy - especially when they're running short on time and she can't coherently put her words together! It seems to me Kara knows more and provides more constructive criticism than Paula's out-there comments. Since they've already seen/heard the songs from dress rehearsal, why can't Paula come up with something to say without stumbling over her words?? Kara's not the greatest critic, but then neither is Randy. I still would rather listen to either of them than Paula's dumb "rainbow" comments, etc.
    okay ... have at it....

I still like Paula better. It seems like other than Simon, none of them do the job they are supposed to, which is give instruction & constructive critisism. To me, Kara seems to mimic Randy a great deal. You know almost exactly what any of them are going to say before they speak. They all seem to repeat the same thing week after week, but Paula softens the blow in a kind way. She's just nicer, and she actually makes sense on occassion. You just never know what she will say or do. I think the show needs Paula for that reason, as a counter-balance to the others.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3410618;
    I still like Paula better. It seems like other than Simon, none of them do the job they are supposed to, which is give instruction & constructive critisism. To me, Kara seems to mimic Randy a great deal. You know almost exactly what any of them are going to say before they speak. They all seem to repeat the same thing week after week, but Paula softens the blow in a kind way. She's just nicer, and she actually makes sense on occassion. You just never know what she will say or do. I think the show needs Paula for that reason, as a counter-balance to the others.
    It's funny that Paula's type of bad hasn't made Kara more likable, but Kara's brand of bad has helped Paula a lot. I saw an internet poll in which people chose Paula over Kara by a margin of 2 to 1.
    Paula is like the drunken relative who keeps knocking over the glasses at Thanksgiving dinner, but we invite her back anyway.

I'm not minding Kara s much as I did at the beginning. She's softened up her critiques a lot and doesn't just appear over reacting to Simon.
    Still, if it were a choice between Kara and Paula, I'd vote for Paula any day of the week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3410539;
    Well, here goes nothing.... I for one (and it looks like the only one) prefer Kara...
    I'm with you; except I would dump Randy instead of Paula. Paula is just too darn entertaining. The only thing Rand is capable of is telling you whether he liked the song or didn't, except he does it in a colorful way.

But I like Kara. She looks at the contestants the way an industry professional would; trying to figure out where they fit and how to sell them.

In any case, I doubt that the four judge concept will survive to next year. Last week was a good demonstration of how time-consuming it can be.

Well, I like Kara. I think she's refreshing and to the point. And wow, what a voice she has. I heard her sing during one of the auditions (I think for the girl in the bikini, but not sure), and she has a voice on her. I think Paula is a nice person but I believe she is the one that takes up all the time trying to give her critique of the singer. If anyone has to go, I'd like Paula to be gone. I get embarassed for her each time she speaks. Kara is like Simon and Randy.... no BS, just telling it like it is.

M

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3410682;
    I'm not minding Kara s much as I did at the beginning.
    For me it's just the other way around.
    She has like a few standard phrases,
    and keeps repeating them over and over.
    She makes Paula look smart.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3410539;
    I for one (and it looks like the only one) prefer Kara over Paula. If they had to keep just one, then I hope they get rid of Paula.
    How can you possibly make a decision like that. It's like saying you'd rather have the pointed stick jammed 4 inches into your right ear instead of your left ear. As far as I'm concerned, if either of them stays you can jam the stick in to both of my ears. :

FORT Fogey

OH MY GOD.........

I'm just going to drop this here, and the post the rest in the Simon Cowell thread.

We've been speculating on who might not be coming back next year. Looks like we all got it wrong.

Simon Cowell feels over-worked and recently told the UK’s Daily Mirror he is planning on leaving American Idol because of his other TV duties in England.

+ Reply to Thread