+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: 5/14 Results show **Spoilers**

Re: 5/14 Results show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3001073;
    I suppose the deal with me is I can't switch allegiances so quickly. I've been rooting for Jason since "Daydream" and can easily overlook a less-than-stellar performance because I love him so much. I can't do the same for someone who wasn't my first choice to begin with. If DC had been 4th, and I told all the hardcore DC fans to suddenly vote for Jason on a night where he only did 1 out of 3 songs fairly decently, I'd hardly expect them to.
    Then we need to stop arm-twisting you... I am huge believer in winning on merit. If DC hasn't won you over, then he hasn't. Making you want to vote for him is his job; my little fangirly campaign in this tiny corner of the universe is to urge people who want him to win to actually do their part to assure it. I firmly believe David will get the job done with as many on-the-fence viewers as are needed.

I love it when Fantasia gets attention... She got plenty of attention during Season 3 and she won... Archie is on the same path...
    All the attention generates votes and I'm on the Archie Bandwagon for that alone!
    Let the voting begin!!!!

I suppose I haven't gotten off the fence that I was thrown on when Jason went home! (Ouch, I just realized how painful that sounds. Well, it did pain me to see my favorite leave... my favorites always make it to the finale!)

I like DC well enough, but I suppose I don't feel invested in him in the way that will make me think "I have to, have to, have to vote". I suspect it's the case for those who were hardcore fans of someone who's already gotten the boot. We still have a "favorite" out of those remaining, but that's about it - we don't feel as strongly about that performer and so aren't compelled to vote. In my case, I'd prefer to see DC win over Archie any day. But if Archie wins, will I be crushed or terribly upset? No. So, will I vote to secure a DC victory that I'm not too particularly hung up on? Not likely.

Still, DC sure has all the ability in the world to win people over just by looking at them... I mean damn... I still listen to his ABMB all the time, sometimes on repeat! We'll see how the final showdown goes... DC better be workin' that camera!
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3001577;
    Still, DC sure has all the ability in the world to win people over just by looking at them... I mean damn... I still listen to his ABMB all the time, sometimes on repeat! We'll see how the final showdown goes... DC better be workin' that camera!
    Indeed he'd better. He still stretches this late in the season, and he tends to telegraph when he's out of his comfort zone by not giving the camera the look. That may be what Simon's been picking up on in telling David that he's not quite "on" in a given song. By now, the number of viewers who want nothing more than to be delighted with whatever DC does is huge; his fans really do seem to love everything that he shows us about himself.

Actually, Clay and Ruben were separated by about 134,000 votes but that was less than half a percent of the total votes.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;3001094;
    Newsflash. I wanna vote for Archie (just cause) of all of the negativity!
    I really love them both, but Archie is getting blasted left & right!
    He will win at this pace... pumping up the voters & me included at this point!
    Give Archie a break already! Why keep shoving the guy in the ground? Sorry, but he doesn't belong in the ground ~ I actually think Cookie has this in the bag, but it ain't over yet!!!
    I think Archie is getting "blasted" - if you want to call it that - because he's been so overrated and undercriticized by the judges and in the press, compared to other AI contestants - including others his age. Kevin Covais, Paris Bennett, Lisa Tucker, Carmen Rasmusen, Jon Stevens, even Jordin Sparks -- none of them sailed through week after week without being 'marked down' when they were too breathy or too karaoke, blew lyrics, seemed amateurish ("Theme Park" or "Cruise Ship") on stage, or kept doing the same style week after week.
    Randy Jackson keeps telling David A "You can sing anything, dawg!" But David hasn't even come close to demonstrating that kind of versatility.

It's unfortunate for David A - just as his dad's overcontrolling behavior is - but no one should become the "American Idol" because of over-hype and lack of legitimate criticism.

No one here is suggesting that David deserves any bad fate. He's in the top 2 of Idol and will get a record contract and all sorts of entertainment offers, whether he wins or not.

My suggestion? (Not that anyone cares.)
    Vote for David if he's really the one whose CDs you'd buy, whom you'd like to see in concert, whom you'd tune in to a TV show or go to a movie to see.

David Cook is no more a shoo-in than Clay or Ruben was in 2003. I think it's gonna be very close -- unless the very young demographic with their power dialers and devotion to Idol overpower the silly voting system.

If you really don't care who wins, I hope you won't vote for David A thinking he's somehow the "underdog." He is not even close to being the underdog.

Last edited by AJane; 05-16-2008 at 06:36 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

+ Reply to Thread