+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Neil Diamond Week

Re: Neil Diamond Week

Quote Originally Posted by mom3;2946388;
    OMG!!! You know what? I'm embarrassed to admit this, but somewhere in my storage back in the States I have that Hot August Night album on vinyl!
    I still have mine, too, but it is worn out from multiple plays, so I have the CD, too, in addition to at least two of his other live albums. Go, Neil!
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2946989;
    I just bought a new stereo suround home theater system & I insisted that they get me a turntable. To this day, vinyl still sounds better than CD'S.
    I saw a turntable yesterday at Costco with USB, so you can turn all your vinyl into MP3's! That seems like heresy, doesn't it? Back to ND, the Beatles, etc - with XM Radio, Sirius, etc, there is so much opportunity to listen to the great music of the 60's and 70's. You can almost understand all of the words!
    Last edited by Ancient City; 04-29-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: My apologies for posting 3 times in a row! (blush!)
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2947439;
    Maybe I'm confused. Despite the dreads, I don't get a Reggae vibe from Jason at all. I get a folk vibe. I'm not sure a version of RRW from him would be good at all. Actually, I see him singing a song with some heart and emotion much better. Maybe You Don't Bring me Flowers or He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother. Or something more like a ditty ... like You're So Sweet or Solitary Man.

I completely agree - Jason totally has the folk singer vibe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678