+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AmericanIdol.com Poll Shocker [warning: spoils poll results]

AmericanIdol.com Poll Shocker [warning: spoils poll results]

I went to AmericanIdol.com to look around today for Idol Gives Back content and stumbled onto the "Who deserves a second chance?" poll.

After voting they give results, and I can tell you I am SHOCKED. And frankly, kind of appalled.

American Idol Poll Total Votes: 818,454

Who deserves a second chance?

* Asia'h 4% 36596
    * Danny 49% 397806
    * David H. 5% 38916
    * Chikezie 9% 70176
    * Amanda 4% 34101
    * Ramiele 29% 240859
    The actual percentages are the only thing visible there, but the numbers following seem to be there invisibly and copy over when you cut and paste the vote info.

Ramiele's numbers I can ALMOST understand, but Danny's? Either America is really nuts, or there's some kind of organized campaign going on.

Personally I gave my vote to Chikezie. Although if I'm being honest I'd have to admit that icky strip club background or not, David H. probably should rank up there too.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: AmericanIdol.com Poll Shocker [warning: spoils poll results]

ok?

its just a harmless internet poll, nothing is going to come from it. they aren't really going to give danny or any of them a second chance. danny obviously has a large rabid fan base, and still weeks after he was eliminated i still find it very hard to believe that chikezie had/has more fans than him. this was before chikezie had gone all "country" or whatever the hell he was doing, so it was before he got a little love from the judges and public.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

I know many, many people who LOVED Danny Noriega. I can 100% understand this
    Praise seitan!

FORT Fogey

i am not surprised, danny got people

i know right?

i totally think the producers took care of things early on before danny became another sanjaya and threatened to dethrone their pre selected favorites in the competition. i could totally see danny over time gaining more votes or getting awfully close to david archuleta in votes.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

FORT Fogey

i agree. i don't believe a second his was in the bottom 2,even dialidol stated he was top2 that week

Either America is really nuts, or there's some kind of organized campaign going on.
    Oh, Danny's fans organized -- albeit about 10 minutes too late to keep him on the show. I think he has vocal and angry fans who never even watched the show but who see him as a martyr to the cause of fierceness. If he can make a viable career from this base, more power to him; at this point in its history, AI is such a circus that I'm not going to criticize how competitors manage to exploit their moment of fame.

I actually do understand the results. Danny was the most entertaining out of all those people, though controversial. I would have voted for either Danny or David H. One for the laughs, one for the voice.
    2003-2008.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

I agree Danny was a lot more fun to watch on the show than most of the other booted semifinalists, even more than Kristy Lee Cook and Ramiele.
    My vote would have gone to him or to Chikezie, but Chik and Ramiele will both get to do the Idol tour, so in a sense they don't really need a "second chance" the way Danny and David H. and Amanda do.

Ramiele definitely deserves a second chance. i know if she would have continued eventually she would have had that "breakthrough performance" that I know she's capable of having. David Hernandez is followed behind her and then Danny, just for kicks.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast