+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josiah Leming-Hollywood Week

Josiah Leming-Hollywood Week

I just though I'd share some news on this guy, since he should have made the top 24 at the very least. He's been meeting with a couple of record labels (some have been Indie) and is trying to get a album out before summer so he can go on tour. If you search his name on youtube you can find a lot of this info out
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Josiah Leming-Hollywood Week

Astro.. thanks for sharing this. I completely agree he should have made top 24.. HOpefully he's learned his lesson from the tryouts.. He certainly deserves a shot!

I saw a report on the TV Guide channel, take that for what it is, but evidently he has sold $40,000 worth of his music via internet downloads.

If it's true, he's doing better than some of the top 12 people will ever do and it's just the start for him. Great!

I didn't think his voice was ever really that great, actually. (Grace Kelly was mediocre, and the one he did without the band even worse.) He made it to Hollywood because of his quirks (singing British accent), earnestness ("You won't find a more driven eighteen-year-old"), and sob story (living in his car). Glad the judges had the sense not to put him through - though if they had, he'd probably still be here, riding the David Archuleta wave.

Hmm... that's a thought. He could've split votes with David A.

Bring back Josiah!

Glad to know he's got his music career started, though. He was a nice kid.
    Last edited by Tickety; 03-20-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    2003-2008.

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2853096;
    I saw a report on the TV Guide channel, take that for what it is, but evidently he has sold $40,000 worth of his music via internet downloads.
    Yeah, but we live in a world where Ashley Alexandra Dupre (a.k.a. Eliot Spitzer's callgirl) can make at least that much, if not more. That's not saying much.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2857027;
    I didn't think his voice was ever really that great, actually. (Grace Kelly was mediocre, and the one he did without the band even worse.) He made it to Hollywood because of his quirks (singing British accent), earnestness ("You won't find a more driven eighteen-year-old"), and sob story (living in his car).
    I didn't think he was that great either. Always thought it was more about the sob story.

I am glad that he's making a go of it, though.

I was in the audience at the Ellen show that Josiah appeared on in February. Sat on the front row and didn't realize it was Madonna's manager that was standing right next to me. Ellen was sitting on the stairs right by my feet to watch Josiah play and they were smiling and nodding "yes". Ellen said afterwards that Madonna's manager really like Josiah and was going to see how he could help him in the music biz.

i think the ai producers were scared he would become another taylor hicks (although imo he was a tad more marketable and less annoying than taylor). even though he didn't have the best voice at least he was interesting and had a great story (living in his car) which america would have eaten up. the producers probably thought if they let him in he would probably get far and maybe ruin their plans of getting their favorites eg david archuleta, carly the win.

i definitely think he deserved a spot in the top 24 especially over people like colton, garrett, luke, and jason yeager talk about yawnsville. its like who the hell were they and why out of thousands of people were they let in?

That whiny, weepy, can't-work-with-the-band, I'm-so-brave-to-sing-badly incident make Josiah look like he'd be an enormous behavior problem within the AI format, where competitors not only have to sing their weekly song, but also have to be cooperative for the group sings, the Ford commercials, and the endless PR sessions. If he behaved so badly under the pressure of Hollywood Week, how much of a brat would he have been when competition really heated up?

One thing we saw again and again with the Top 24 who were featured in Hollywood Week was that they were nicely behaved and took criticism well, in contrast to Josiah and to that abstinence girl. (No one has yet explained why Jason Yeager was foisted on us, and it may remain one of life's mysteries.)

If Josiah can parlay his brief AI exposure into a real singing career -- in a setting that's more nurturing to him -- more power to him. I'm all for gutsiness and ability to grasp an opportunity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast