+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tickets for a live show

Tickets for a live show

My time finally came, and after being on a waiting list for 3 years, my wife and I got the email stating that it was our time to get tickets. We're going to the show tomorrow night. (March 11)

Has anyone here ever been to a live show, and if so, are there any tips you can give us about making sure we get in? We had tickets to see That 70's Show being shot one time, and we were the last 2 people let in. Many others who has tickets didn't get in. We got there when they told us to get there, but it turned out we should have been much earlier. For Idol, they said to get there by 3:30, but we're going to be there at 1:00.

Any advice from some previous attendees would be appreciated!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Tickets for a live show

Get there early! They issue more tickets than they have space for, so if you're not early you may not get in. Be prepared to be in line for a couple of hours before the time listed on your ticket. Make sure to have your ID's and make sure that all members of your party are there early as well. Nothing worse than getting held up going in because you're waiting on someone.

Wear comfortable shoes. Adhere to the stated dress code (like no shirts with logos, etc.) You go through a metal detector, so don't wear anything to set it off (like metal buttons).

When the Audience Coordinators talk to you, mention that you've waited 3 years for tickets and are SO EXCITED to see the show. If asked, volunteer to hold a sign in the audience. (Yes, the production company makes many of those signs you see in the crowd. But, don't bring that up so you don't appear to savvy about how the show is run.) Keep smiling -- the Audience Coordinators like to put the happy people on the aisles and closer to the front so there are excited people in camera shots.

They may ask you to turn in your cell phone during the show, like for other shows taped at CBS Studios. Don't worry, you'll get it back as you leave.

Take magazines, snacks, water and things to occupy you for 2-4 hours. You'll do a lot of waiting. Suddenly, the line will start moving and you'll think "yeah -- we're done" ... then you just move into another holding area.

It can a long day, but you'll have a great time.
    Last edited by hotlanta babe; 03-10-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2833203;
    Get there early! They issue more tickets than they have space for, so if you're not early you may not get in. Be prepared to be in line for a couple of hours before the time listed on your ticket. Make sure to have your ID's and make sure that all members of your party are there early as well. Nothing worse than getting held up going in because you're waiting on someone.
    It says to be there by 3:30. Our plan is to be there by 1:00. Do you think that's good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by hypnoboy;2833394;
    It says to be there by 3:30. Our plan is to be there by 1:00. Do you think that's good enough?
    When we went to a taping of SYTYCD we were in line at 12PM and almost didn't get in, so I think for American Idol you would have to get there much earlier.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by hypnoboy;2833394;
    I would probably shoot for noon or so...

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2833223;
    It can a long day, but you'll have a great time.
    What an ordeal, i had no idea.
    But for every Idol fan, this is the real thing.
    Who cares about the Idol tour, this is the real show, with Simon and everybody.

Yeah, Tigerusty and I cut it too close for SYTYCD: if I get Idol tickets this year (and yeah, my name is in!!), I'll be there between 11:30 and noon. Last time I grabbed Chipotle beforehand: this time I'll be picking up a to-go order as I rush by! Idol is just far too popular for me to want to take any chances!

Have a GREAT TIME and please please tell us all about it!!!!!

Premium Member

yes please hypnoboy give us some inside details, and hope you and your wife have a great time.

I agree with the others. Make sure that you arrive early. I would say 11:30am at the latest.

Spaces are always limited. I think back during season 2 when I went there were only 69 tickets available to those that waited in the line, the rest went to family and VIPS. I would err on the side of caution, since you have waited for so long to see a show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast