+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Syesha Mercado - Season 7

Re: Syesha Mercado - Season 7

I don't think this was a case of animosity.

FORT Newbie

I came across a TV commercial on a shopping channel tonight that I think has Syesha in it. (I can't post the link as I've not been here long enough.)

Google for Best Direct TV and then click the Union Jack flag for the UK shop. Then 'New Arrivals' and then 'Lift & Shape'. Have a look at the video ad and the young woman who appears at 1.18 and again at 1.47. I'm sure it's Syesha.

I guess she'll be getting Carly's votes. I hope she goes further.

^me too,and i think she will get some other voter too
    I remember when first i saw her,i was like "This girl is gonna win" :nono
    I guess I'm the SALEISHA in this competition *Laugh loudly* -Dominique

Quote Originally Posted by essexjan;2948060;
    I came across a TV commercial on a shopping channel tonight that I think has Syesha in it. Google for Best Direct TV and then click the Union Jack flag for the UK shop. Then 'New Arrivals' and then 'Lift & Shape'. Have a look at the video ad and the young woman who appears at 1.18 and again at 1.47. I'm sure it's Syesha.
    I think it's Syesha, too. I know she does acting gigs for commercials, so it's not unlikely. That is one funny product!
    2003-2008.

FORT Fan

personally, I hope she outsurvives Brooke and Jason...she has proven herself in recent performances...whereas those two have slowly been crumbling

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I mostly lurk these days, but I just wanted to say that I love Syesha and have never understood the negativity towards her. I don't think she screams at all, and was so proud (and not surprised) of how she did last week. I don't expect her to win at all, nor do I think she should. But I am so glad she's survived to this point - partly because I've gotten to enjoy her beautiful voice even longer.

FWIW - I think David C. should win. But I hope the "winner's" song isn't too schmaltzy. Oh, who am I kidding? Why don't they let the top 2 choose among the finalist songs, instead of having to sing the same one - unless they both want to sing the same song? But I digress....

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2949506;
    I don't think she screams at all...
    I'm convinced the microphone technique is at fault here.
    And those so called vocal coaches aren't helpful.

Just the other day i saw Melinda on Idol Extra.
    How she moves the microphone around when she is singing, away from her mouth, to the side...
    That is a science in itself.
    Melinda's singing is still impressive.
    I like it when she has that jazzy touch, something you would hear on...
    Smoothjazz.com - The World's Smooth Jazz Radio Station

I'm sure Syesha will not have to worry about bookings, after Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2949506;
    I mostly lurk these days, but I just wanted to say that I love Syesha and have never understood the negativity towards her. I don't think she screams at all, and was so proud (and not surprised) of how she did last week. I don't expect her to win at all, nor do I think she should. But I am so glad she's survived to this point - partly because I've gotten to enjoy her beautiful voice even longer.
    I think Syesha has a great voice but she does tend to oversing a lot of the time. She also usually copies other people's style too much. But I loved her performance last Tuesday. I also think she looks much classier with her hair a little more controlled. (Sometimes the style she usually wears looks sort of like Mickey Mouse ears.)

Why don't they let the top 2 choose among the finalist songs, instead of having to sing the same one - unless they both want to sing the same song?
    Maybe because they WANT to manipulate the audience? Just a thought.

Her voice sounds very thin and very sharp and shrieky when she goes to her upper register. It's OK when she sings softly and more subdued but the problem is that she rarely does! She always chooses songs that doesn't actually suit her voice. She wants to be "Whitney-type" of singer and she just falls short on that. She should sing more songs like Yesterday and (the first half of) I will always love you because in that kind of songs her voice sounds good. But she tends to oversing that kind of songs too and that's when she starts to sound bad (=scream). Too much unnecessary runs, too much unnecessary glory notes and too much acting in her performances, I'd really like to see her do something very simple for a change.

+ Reply to Thread