+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Syesha Mercado - Season 7

Re: Syesha Mercado - Season 7

Like I wrote earlier, I just can't get this girl. She's a screamer in it's worst. She definitely has a big voice but I don't know if she has a clue how to actually use it. She always has to make runs and everything instead of just sticking with the melody and channeling the song. She don't interpret the music, she just showcases her voice. Well, at least she's very pretty...

I'm big on the screamers and divas but Syesha's voice sounds unpleasant to me. With Whitney, Beyoncé, Celine etc. it sounds good but with Syesha it sounds... forced and strained? I don't really know how to explain it.

I don't like this girl one bit. I didn't even like her audition to be honest. I hoping that she doesn't get into the top 12.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

This diva is such a classy act. Love her.

This is the one that I just can't understand gettng all the praise she does. If this was American Screamer I'd put her right at the top. I don't think subtlety & melody are in her dictionary. Yuck!

Yeah, I don't get her either. She'll probably make Top 12 though.
    Forever a Word Nerd

razorbacker, I'm with you. I didn't like her performance at all last night and don't understand the high praise. It was one of those "oh, it must sound different in person" moments for me.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.

ITA with the last three posts. She is way overrated and I am sick of her getting all the airtime she does. I never like the overhyped screamers. She won't be voted off this soon unfortunately, but I don't see her winning either!

[mod edit] She has an AMAZING voice. She, Carly, and my imaginary husband Michael Johns better make the top 3. from there I could care less where they go, but since the best singers never win, I picture at least one of them, most likely Carly getting a Tamyra-style elimination, Michael Johns being runner-up, and Syesha somehow not placing in the top 3. I guess I'm used to dissapointment with this show.

Anyway, Syesha and Carly are without a doubt the best 2 girls, with Ramielle trailing behind.
    Last edited by Mariner; 02-21-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I too put Syesha and Carly together. They're both screamers. I'm not really a fan of screamers, but I do like Syesha on some levels. Having said that, last night I thought she destroyed the song. Even if she had managed to hit all the notes it wouldn't have worked for me. It was her arrangement. Compared to the way the song was written, her version was just musical nonsense to me.

+ Reply to Thread