+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Syesha Mercado - Season 7

Re: Syesha Mercado - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2906110;
    i just wonder what kind of people are working with the idols in the background, surely they must understand what the judges mean if the contestants don't. they should be advising, helping to mold them, etc it just seems like they just barely help the contestants.
    Don't you just want to be a fly on the wall and see what all the stylists and coaches actually do? I've been wondering for a couple weeks if the stylists are more hands-off this year or the competitors are more resistant.

In Syesha's case, I'm not sure any amount of coaching can push her over the hump from "Syesha the actress who's playing a Whitney-like singer" to "Syesha interpreting the meaning of the song for us" if she herself doesn't understand the distinction. A vocal coach can walk her through the arrangement note-by-note, but if she's determined to scatter BIG notes everywhere indiscriminately -- well, time is short, and eventually the coach has to just shrug and concentrate on what can be improved right now.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

God, when is America going to send her packing. She is a one trick pony. I mute the tv when she comes on. And lucky us, we get to hear her being coached by Mariah
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2911205;
    God, when is America going to send her packing. She is a one trick pony. I mute the tv when she comes on. And lucky us, we get to hear her being coached by Mariah
    The torture continues...
    Did anyone catch how nervous she was backstage last night? She was picking her nails and scrunching her face up, acting as if she was going to be history. You know she's gonna scream big time next week when she gets ahold of a Mariah song. I guess we need to find our earplugs.

But maybe she'd actually go home next week doing a Mariah song...you know Randy will rip her a new one and Simon too..
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2911221;
    But maybe she'd actually go home next week doing a Mariah song...you know Randy will rip her a new one and Simon too..
    Indeed! Let's not forget Kristy Lee is the Designated Country Singer and was bottom 3 in country week.

Sure, Archuleta wasn't endangered by "songs that inspire," but that's because no one decided to go head-to-head with him on his own turf. They mostly went looking for ways to distinguish themselves by not doing sappy ballads. If anyone had been fully awake, it could have been a better evening than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2911221;
    Very true, but what I don't understand is, why in the world would they even have a Mariah Carey theme when the judges despise anyone touching her material? I mean Hello....
    Wait... it's coming to me now... I KNOW... they are "idiots!"

Absolutely, BoBoFan!

Syesha... Syesha... she definitely has staying power for someone whose appeal remains a mystery to me. I get why people would fall head over heels in love with David A. and why people would vote for Kristy and Carly (even though I don't like them) - but Syesha....? Why?
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedsdag;2898779;
    So the consensus in this thread is that Syeshia will have the same career as her homegirl Vonzell Solomon, right?
    I don't think anybody is saying she's the undiscovered superstar but compared to some of the other idols this season she has more work opportunities. She can parlay her 15 minutes into acting and modeling jobs, can't picture the same for Carly, Amanda, Brooke, David Cook, Chikezie, Ramiele, etc with them its either a record deal or nothing. Thats what I meant when I said she doesn't need to win AI.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2911325;
    Syesha... Syesha... she definitely has staying power for someone whose appeal remains a mystery to me. I get why people would fall head over heels in love with David A. and why people would vote for Kristy and Carly (even though I don't like them) - but Syesha....? Why?
    I've been thinking about that for a few weeks now... And I just can't find the answer...

Syesha being loud is due to bad microphone technique.
    If Mariah Carey wouldn't move the microphone away from her mouth when she hits the high notes, your TV would explode.

I don't know what the Idol vocal coaches are getting payed for.

Good for Syesha for having that staying power.
    I don't expect her to be the Idol.
    But every week longer she stays is a plus on her overall resume.
    Working in showbiz on the West Coast is all about people knowing you.
    Mission accomplished.

I think what makes a difference with Syesha, next to her singing talent and good looks is,
    that her whole appearance is current.
    People remember that, people like to identify with that.

If Carly would work at Wal*Mart, at the cashiers, who would pay attention to her?
    And what is Archuleta good for, other than a cheesy Christmas CD?
    A CD you wouldn't even keep yourself, you would give it to your grand parents.
    That is, if you would get it in the mail for free.
    And forget acting.
    At any given moment the guy looks like his next word is "DUUUH".
    Duhvid Archuleta.

None of the remaining guys is a musical genius.
    Maybe thats what makes appearance and image even more important.
    Maybe Michael Johns got the boot in the end, because he reminds the younger audience of their father.
    The guy with the daytime job and a family, but he has a Gibson or Fender guitar stashed away in the basement.
    And every know and then, he goes downstairs, to play some tunes and dream of the dream.
    And if you're a teenager, that is so uncool.

+ Reply to Thread