+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Syesha Mercado - Season 7

Re: Syesha Mercado - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2895063;
    Thanks for saving me the work of explaining all that.

There really is nothing to explain to me. I get the fact that there are those contestants that for whatever reason get the old "win or lose XYZ will have a great career after this show" attitude. Yet it very very seldom seems to happen. We'll see if Syesha will be one of the exceptions to the rule. You seem to think so, I don't.

I do, however, wish all of these kids the best of luck at getting to live their dreams. I don't wish any of them any bad tidings.

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2895045;
    the difference between melinda and syesha, is that sy is young, thin, and beautiful and yes those things do make a difference. she has more of a star quality even though melinda is the better singer. i can really see her at least getting more acting work if not a record deal because as somebody mentioned there are lots of singers out there that do what she does and do it a lot better. but acting jobs are definitely in her future.

Thanks to the pretty (and to having less distinct personality), Syesha should be easier than Melinda to place into little jobs -- a guest-star shot here, a fill-in interviewer role there, a small Broadway part over there. If she does have genuine star quality, she'll make something of her first 15 minutes of fame and find her niche.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2894940;
    I see Screamesha's post Idol opportunities, without a win, to be rather limited. We have seen, season after season, women just like her with the same style, good singers all, that were thought to have great things headed their way. Yet, nothing..nada..

Case in point Melinda. How many times was it said on this forum how great she was & how great a career she was going to have. We are still waiting for her album, maybe it'll come soon, maybe it won't.

I just don't see Syesha as having anything to set her apart from the pack post Idol.
    Melinda is doing really great---her album is coming out in June, SHe is going to be releasing a christmas album next season, and her second album will be dropping the next summer. For her first album she has been writing and recording with some really great songwriters/artists, one of which is Johnny Lang--Melinda doesn't want a Fergie or Beyonce type career--she wants to do what she loves doing, singing. So I think that Melinda will surprise quite a few folks--she's been quite productive since her stint on idol, and has received more offers than MOST from her season. However, Melinda is really smart about her choices and chooses what feels right for her and not what may catapult her to megafame.

FORT Fan

So the consensus in this thread is that Syeshia will have the same career as her homegirl Vonzell Solomon, right?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Photo shoot photo:

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Beautiful picture of Syesha.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Please rid me of the curse of Screamesha & go home tomorrow. My prediction game standing will thank you.

Syesha...you are definitely no Fantasia! No emotion to a great song...I had to watch 'Tasia's performance again last night to rid me of Syesha's....

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2905506;
    Syesha...you are definitely no Fantasia! No emotion to a great song...I had to watch 'Tasia's performance again last night to rid me of Syesha's....
    Good grief, did you have nightmares & wake up in a cold sweat?

razor..you know I think 'Tasia is one of the best Idols ever...I slept well thank you

+ Reply to Thread