+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Luke Menard - Season 7

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Luke Menard - Season 7

Link Here

Preparing for the American Idol finale means long hours and hard work. But days before David Cook was declared the season seven winner, he dropped everything to visit with fellow top 24 contestant Luke Menard in a Los Angeles hospital.

Menard, 29, was diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

“I love Luke and I just wanted to show up and make sure that he understood that I love him and know that if there’s anything I can do for him and his wife, sign me up, you know?” Cook tells PEOPLE. “Luke, Michael Johns, Jason Yeager and myself, we kind of buddy-ed up one day at Hollywood week,” Cook explains. “We called ourselves the four horsemen. Any time one of your own is going through something as horrible as that, it makes everything else seem a little bit insignificant.

“Cancer,” Cook says, “is a very big part of my existence.” Cook’s older brother Adam has been battling brain cancer for ten years. “I’m excited to be put in [the spotlight] where I can hopefully do something to help other people.”
    Awww..even with everything going on, he took time out to visit with Luke...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3027482;
    Link Here

Awww..even with everything going on, he took time out to visit with Luke...
    I'll second that emoticon.

I found Luke's Blog on another website....

Friday, June 20, 2008
    update on my career
    After I was eliminated from Idol I temporarily moved to Los Angeles and was working with a manager in the acting industry. Shortly after I began meeting with Agents I began auditiong for soap operas. Shortly after my meetings and auditions I found out the diagnosis of Hodgkins Lymphoma. It immediately changed my perspective on life and also changed what was most important to me. All of a sudden a life and career away from my family in LA didn't sound so appealing. The last thing I wanted was to go through chemo treatment In LA away from my home.
    I felt this was a clear sign from God that I should be closer to home and work with my other manager in Nashville, TN in the Christian music industry. To me, it was a clear sign that I needed to share my upcoming trials through Christian music. In times like these it is easiest for me to find inspiration through music. I know this is happening for a reason and I want to do my best to be encouragement for others that face trials.
    I am now working full time with my manager named Phil Conner. He owns Red Room Management and Promotions located in Franklin, TN. During my off chemo weeks I have spent much time in Nashville co-writing and recording songs that I hope my fans will be able to enjoy on a future album and even on the Christian radio airwaves. I have been blessed to co-write with 9 of the best song writers in Nashville.
    If anyone has any extra gas gift cards feel free to send them to me. From Indiana to Nashville it is about an 11 hour drive roundtrip and with gas prices you can imagine the cost of gas. I am sure you all have gas cards laying around your kitchen table so please send them my way. Ha Ha. Stay tuned to the Christian radio. You may hear my songs playing there in the near future.
    Posted by Luke Menard at 5:22 AM

Thursday, June 19, 2008
    2 down
    Just finished round 2 of chemo. It went really well with no complications. I feel great right now probably because of the steriods I was pumped with. I asked if I could work out in the gym now and gain some extra muscle, but the doctor said it is not the same kind of steriod that builds muscle. I was a little dissapointed about that. However, the doctor said as long as I feel up to it he encourages me to work out as much as I can. Can't wait for that.
    Posted by Luke Menard at 11:59 AM

Wednesday, June 18, 2008
    The day before the storm
    Today is the day before my second treatment. If it is anything like the first then I can expect to sleep all weekend and then by Monday I will bounce back and be ready to go again. I just completed a workout in the gym and I hope by Monday or Tuesday I will be back in the gym. Like music, working out gives me a chance to escape my every day thoughts of having cancer. Cancer and chemo treatment can make you feel trapped. But with Christ, music and working out I have a way to escape.
    I will give an update soon on how my second treatment goes. After tomorrow I will have 2 down and 10 to go.
    thanks for reading.
    Luke
    I also found this photo on the net of the "4 horseman" (as they called themselves) back when they were all 1st together on AI....David Cook, Luke, Michael Johns and Jason Yeager....

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

David Cook and Luke Menard were part of my 4 favorite guys in the AI7 top 24 (with Michael Johns and Jason Castro). Luke, to be honest, did not really seem "ready for prime time" in terms of stage presence and distinctiveness of his take on the songs he sang, but I thought he was not only gorgeous but a real "regular guy," very sincere and approachable and WYSIWYG. I was sad that he was eliminated so soon, and I do wish him well in his music career.

Even more so, I hope and pray that he will beat this cancer and live a long and fruitful live with his family.

E

What is he doing driving from Nashville to Indiana in his condition, an 11 hour drive.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

yeah, I thought the same thing, but I guess there's not much facilities for music production in Indiana and he didn't want the cancer to force him to sit at home watching TV. That's no motivation to fight it.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Good for Luke. And I was surprised about the AI people coming to his aid.

Former ‘American Idol’ Contender Luke Menard ‘Cancer Free’ | NBC Chicago

I am so glad to hear he is doing well and to AI for helping him out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678