+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

I've heard pop/soul music changed up with country/bluegrass/etc. arrangements that sounded way more together... Ejected, party of one!

i hate her rendition of eight days a week, i guess she took Simon's advice wrong in sticking to country

My reaction to, what Kristi Lee did, well...somewhat like erikko's avatar.
    It was hysteric, but for all the wrong reasons.

Her dad was my uncle's best friend growing up. That doesn't mean I'm rooting for her lol. I haven't been able to watch enough episodes to get a favorite.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2837161;
    Her dad was my uncle's best friend growing up. That doesn't mean I'm rooting for her lol. I haven't been able to watch enough episodes to get a favorite.
    So, I guess the question for you is: Is she really a racist? I've seen so much written about this, but as far as I can tell it's because of her being photographed in front of a Confederate Flag. I'm not sure being in the same room as Confederate Flag qualifies as believing in what it stands for, but maybe there is more to this than I'm privy to?

I thought she butchered her song last night. If Sir Paul McCartney saw that, he probably shook his head.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2837243;
    So, I guess the question for you is: Is she really a racist? I've seen so much written about this, but as far as I can tell it's because of her being photographed in front of a Confederate Flag. I'm not sure being in the same room as Confederate Flag qualifies as believing in what it stands for, but maybe there is more to this than I'm privy to?
    To me the most curious aspect is that she's from Oregon. Or as I like to refer to it "South... of Canada".

The flag make no SENSE in that context.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Exactly.

I'm not ready to automatically assume anything, though it seems many across the internet are.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2837846;
    To me the most curious aspect is that she's from Oregon. Or as I like to refer to it "South... of Canada".

The flag make no SENSE in that context.
    Some of the biggest KKK groups are in Idaho. Oregon's just one state away...

Also, I have known racists from the North who proudly let their freak Confederate flags fly... they weren't the brightest bulbs, obviously. I doubt they even knew the origination of the Confederate flag but they seemed proud of their idiocy...

I'm not saying Kristy Lee Cook is a racist.

I will say that she's a horrendous performer though. Pretty girl, but it's time for her to get the hook!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 03-12-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2837953;
    Some of the biggest KKK groups are in Idaho. Oregon's not that far away...

Also, I have know racist rednecks from the North who proudly let their freak Confederate flags fly... they weren't the brightest bulbs, obviously. I doubt they even knew the originations of the flag.

I'm not saying Kristy Lee Cook is a racist. I will say that she's a horrendous performer though. Pretty girl, but it's time for her to get the hook!
    I guess what I was saying is that other non-racist explanations don't compute. A certain number of people in the South have Confederate flags without being KKK members. Some honestly do try and separate out that "Southern Heritage" thing from the other symbolism of that flag.

But it makes NO SENSE for people in other parts of the country. Unless someone's a transplant. Is Kristy a transplant? If not then yeah, I can see why people are drawing conclusions.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread