+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 227

Thread: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

  1. #21
    FORT Fogey BoBoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,224

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2818369;
    Her legs were splayed so wide apart for so much of her performance that I felt seriously disconcerted for her. At one point she was literally about to do one of those 90 degree lunges that runners do to get ready right before a race!
    She stands as if she were riding a horse. I just call ger "Gaucho Girl"

  2. #22
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    I've been puzzling over the best Beatles Week song for her. I can't find one.

    My current ideas range from "Yesterday" to "The Ballad of Rocky Raccoon". Seriously.

    Nothing quite works.

    Wait. I got it.

    "Blackbird"

    I mean the Beatles never approached Country. But there's something very Folk songish about Blackbird, and I think she could pull that off.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,481

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2820178;
    I've been puzzling over the best Beatles Week song for her. I can't find one.

    My current ideas range from "Yesterday" to "The Ballad of Rocky Raccoon". Seriously.

    Nothing quite works.

    Wait. I got it.

    "Blackbird"

    I mean the Beatles never approached Country. But there's something very Folk songish about Blackbird, and I think she could pull that off.
    Actually The Beatles did Country with Act Naturally, Ringo had the vocals.

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    I was thinking about that one as well, but since it was written by Buck Owens, I'm not sure it would be included. My understanding was that is was just the Lennon/McCartney catalog being used in Beatles week.

  5. #25
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    Okay then. Here's an oddball idea.

    Norwegian Wood. Assuming it works with the genders transversed.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,481

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2820202;
    Okay then. Here's an oddball idea.

    Norwegian Wood. Assuming it works with the genders transversed.
    If Scrremesha can do Me & Mr. Jones, it's all on the table.

  7. #27
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    Well, if you look at the Beatles catalogue, probably a third to half of them are gender specific. And many of the rest are just totally wrong for any kind of solo live singing situation (they have a lot of layered vocals and post production).

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  8. #28
    FORT Fanatic raindrops47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    694

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2820214;
    Well, if you look at the Beatles catalogue, probably a third to half of them are gender specific. And many of the rest are just totally wrong for any kind of solo live singing situation (they have a lot of layered vocals and post production).
    i want to hear her sing something completely LSD inspired.

    'i am the walrus'.. ideally.

    the only problem is, her voice doesn't suit it at all...
    but who really cares?
    it would be funny.

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,481

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    I like Kristy, I hope she sticks around, cause I think she would liven up the tour. But, was I the only one that didn't hear a Country vibe in that song. Are the 3 idiots trying to pigeon hole her?

  10. #30
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

    There was the slightest hint of a country sound, but not something a true country lover would latch onto as "Country". I think they really do feel the need to stick a person into a genre or they can't rest at night. Drives me crazy.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.