+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3252492;
    This does not sound good at all. Doubt she will be picked up by another label. Did she release a cd album or just a single?
    Her album is called Why Wait, it has been out for a few weeks, but as of last weeks sales report she had sold only around 25,000.

You can follow the weekly sales in the thread dedicated to that if you are interested. All of the Idol sales data is announced by USA Today on Wednesdays & I copy it over here.

There is an interview with KLC over on MJ'S famous Idol blog. In the interview KLC talks about getting the boot from Arista & pretty much blames it all on Carrie. She claims that being on the same label as Carrie was the death knell because she (KLC) got no promotion or support because all the money went to Carrie.

Um...KLC, Carrie is on the verge of selling 10 million CD'S, you just squeeked past the 30K level even after a couple of months on the shelves.

Carrie has never released a single that didn't hit #1 (9 in a row), yours (the only one) stalled out in the mid 30's.

Carrie has won a gazillion awards for her vocals, you ....well...um...not so much

Perhaps Arista was putting their money where it was going to get them some return.

Oh yeah, she's negotiating with Universal at the moment & has signed new management. Good luck KLC. There is no Carrie over at Universal. Let's see what you can do without her roadblocks.

Good grief...sour grapes thy name is KLC.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that KLC would be like that! Wonder what her excuse will be if/when she fails at the other label?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Good grief.

Could it be that you're just not as good as Carrie?

Here's the part of the interview where she discusses her split (for the second time) with Arista
    http://web.thedailycourier.com/eedit...Courier/A1.pdf
    Musically, Cook intends to do a few gigs around Oregon this winter and might perform at next summer’s Pendleton Roundup. The country crooner is now represented by Morey
    Management, a Los Angeles based talent agency.
    “(Arista records) released me again,” Cook, 24, said. “It’s because I was on the same
    label as Carrie Underwood. We’re kind of glad that we got released because we weren’t
    getting the attention we need.”
    She first signed with Arista when she was 17 and the recording company signed her
    again in June after she finished seventh in last season’s “American Idol” competition. Soon after signing she released an album titled “Why Wait.” “They promoted it a little
    bit,” Cook said of Arista. “They spent so much more money on
    Carrie.” “It’s doing pretty good,” Cook said of the album. But she anticipates finding herself in a better position with Morey Management.
    “We’re talking with Universal right now,” Cook said. When she does get back in the studio, whether with Universal or another company, she may make Arista regret its
    decision to release her. “I have a song that they didn’t want me to put on the album that’s going to be a hit,” she said. “I’m going to take it to another label.”

KLC is delusional, of course they are going to spend more $$$ on CU, her 2 cd albums have sold millions. CU is selling, they're going to go with a winner. KLC shouldn't have signed with Arista if she felt that way.

Doesn't matter what label KLC signs with, don't think she will do well.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

(cough cough cough) It took a bit to find this thread and dust it off!

Kristy has a reality show! And PETA is not happy about it! You know, there are so many people who are abusing animals, I wish they’d stick to going after them. Hunting is legal, and as long as it’s done as humanely as possible and the meat is used wisely, leave it alone.

FOXNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: PETA Takes Aim at Kristy Lee Cook's Hunting Show, And She Fires Back

+ Reply to Thread