+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

FORT Newbie

Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

Just finished listening to Kristy's CD (got it from cdbaby.com). It's actually pretty good, more Tammy Wynette than Carrie Underwood, if you understand the different country music styles.

How far will she go? Having to battle it out with the other blondes will have an effect, unless she really distinguishes herself with outstanding song choices.

My prediction: Top Seven.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Last night I noticed that she sometimes does this funky thing with her eyes... it's a little freaky. It's like they get wide eyed and scary looking. However, she's beautiful and seems very sweet. I hope she does well.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

She is a cute girl and her voice isn't bad but I think she'll get lost in the shuffle with the other girls....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2805589;
    Last night I noticed that she sometimes does this funky thing with her eyes... it's a little freaky. It's like they get wide eyed and scary looking.
    I noticed the same thing! It got annoying after the fourth time.
    2003-2008.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2805589;
    Last night I noticed that she sometimes does this funky thing with her eyes... it's a little freaky. It's like they get wide eyed and scary looking. However, she's beautiful and seems very sweet. I hope she does well.
    I remember Jennifer Hudson getting the same complaint...it seems that fans became obsessed with finding something "wrong" with her performance skills, and viola' she was eliminated early.
    I'm hoping that Kristy comes back strong this week, although songs from the '70s?? I wonder what she has picked...they tape today, I think

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

She looks a lot like Jennifer Jason Leigh in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, only with, umm, protuberances.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Joyshine;2810160;
    I remember Jennifer Hudson getting the same complaint...it seems that fans became obsessed with finding something "wrong" with her performance skills, and viola' she was eliminated early.
    I'm hoping that Kristy comes back strong this week, although songs from the '70s?? I wonder what she has picked...they tape today, I think
    Well, except the eye thing with Kristy was VERY noticeable. If most of the viewing audience is seeing something and scratching their heads over it, its not some obsession to "find something wrong".

That said, we have to see if she repeats it. We DO know she was sick. Maybe her eyes were all gummy or she was drugged up a bit by medication.

And she has a huge advantage--most of the guys watching probably want to continue to see her for as long as possible. Whether or not they pick up the phone and vote because of that is another matter. We shall see.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Bad sign for Kristy - had to page to the 2nd page to find her thread. Must not be getting much play from you guys.

I think that of the 3 blonde clones, Kristy's the better singer and better performer.

I despise this girl. She did one of my least favorite songs by one of my least favorite artists last night.

She probably smells like a horses butt!
    She acts too overly confident. Why doesn't she just bottle herself & sell herself for what she thinks shes worth and she could be a millionaire tomorrow.

She's tall and gangly and doesn't know how to act on stage AT ALL. What a waste, she's so pretty!

Her legs were splayed so wide apart for so much of her performance that I felt seriously disconcerted for her. At one point she was literally about to do one of those 90 degree lunges that runners do to get ready right before a race!
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread