+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

Re: Kristy Lee Cook - Season 7

Man, how many times can one contestant finish next to last or be put up there on the chopping block at the end? Seems as if they've been doing this to her since the beginning (Top 24 included), and I think she's broken Sanjaya's mark from last year by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by waspylookin;2892352;
    Man, how many times can one contestant finish next to last or be put up there on the chopping block at the end? Seems as if they've been doing this to her since the beginning (Top 24 included), and I think she's broken Sanjaya's mark from last year by this point.
    I personally don't think she should have made top 10.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Photo shoot photo:

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I think Sanjaya was in the Bottom 3 all but one week until he was finally booted before making the Top 5. Sadly, I feel the same may happen with Kristy. Especially with inspirational songs being the theme this week, she'll probably pull out another God bless America song and be safe (I hope not, but with the way AI works, who knows). She'll probably be Bottom 3 again, but she might still be safe at least for another week, but I don't see her making the Top 5.
    Forever a Word Nerd

That photo looks good.

Some of the guys look odd in that setting.
    Whats with the Gotham City look of the setting?
    Over ambitious, artsy, look.

Hooboy, can you ever tell this photoshoot happened before anyone had figured out what the competitors' images were going to be!

It's a flattering photo, but I'd have never guessed from it that Kristy Lee was going to be positioned as "country" or that she'd been promoting herself as a tomboy. She's just a pretty girl in a sparkly dress, not really distinguishable from Carly by anything other than hair color and the tough look in her eyes.

I'm kind of hoping for her to surprise us all by not resorting to old standby "Amazing Grace" this week. While I'm not in love with much of anything about her (other than last week's dress), she does seem to try to learn and improve from week to week. I'm a sucker for progress.

Very good night for KLC, Martina is a tough go.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Damn her! She did do well....possibly someone I like better may get the boot tonight now....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I thought the song itself was terrible.
    But one has to admit that Kristy Lee has found a style that totally fits her.
    That kind of music, that is her.

It's not for me though.

Kristy has found her niche: country. She did very well last night. I appreciate her moxy: She has been unfailingly cheerful in the face of negative feedback from the judges and survived enough weeks to, finally, have a very good performance last night. Carly and Brooke should use Kristy as a role model for how to deal with the judges. Carly and Brooke seem to fall apart each time they get a negative response from the judges.

FYI-- On Larry King show, Randy said, more than once, that he would (hypothetically) record Kristy out of all the contestants.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-09-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread