+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

I think that he was just fine tonight, not top of the heap like last week but still a fairly solid performance
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I thought he gave a good performance though not vocally perfect. Still one of the most interesting of the guys.

there's something really endearing about him. unlike david archuleta's unbelievable "aww shucks" schtick, i really believe jason is really humbled by the experience. his reactions, and personality are really just him. he's just this shy kid who's always been in the background who enjoys singing.

tonight wasn't his best but he's definitely sailing through to the top 12.

He isn't a guy that's been in the background. He's been in two bands (as a drummer) but has done sole gigs at several clubs. He was on some show called Cheyenne so it's not like he's never been on TV. This guy has been trying to make it big for years. He's no wallflower. I like his style and I've liked his song choices but he had trouble hitting the notes tonight. Did you see the face that he made when he finished? He knew that he screwed up. I would go to a club to see him before any of the others but he doesn't have the best voice overall. I like him because he seems to be a real musician not just an entertainer like so many of the past contestants.

i wouldn't exactly call being in a reality tv show and being the drummer being in the fore front but i get what you're saying he's not the wallflower either. however if its an act (the awkwardness during the interviews, and the reactions after getting judged) then i gotta at least give him credit for coming off more natural and believable with it.

he has got a charm about him where he doesn't really seem like he's trying unlike some of the other contestants. so i give him credit for that at least.

I thought the judges were unjustly overly harsh towards Jason last night. Of all the guys in this competition I believe that with the past two weeks performances he has shown us more about who he is than any of the other guys. Jason just seems to me to be a laid back, guitar strumming, easy going kind of person. I like him & hoe he stays around for the long haul.

By the way, if he shows up next week without the guitar, there is no doubt in my mind that the idiots sitting on the panel will find some reason to rag him about it.

I thought he was really good last night, even though some of the other guys had stronger vocals.

I just think he has star quality and he has a very sweet singing style.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Sweet kid, but his nasty dreads are a huge distraction for me. His voice, just ok.

I thought he did a great job last night. He is different and seems so shy and timid which is a breath of fresh air. I like that he is not flamboyant and over the top. He is not AI's golden boy this year but I hope that he atleast makes the top 6 in boys so we can see what he is capable of doing. I want to see more!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

The guitar did not add to his performance last night, and may have detracted from it. Even though his wasn't one of the best performances of the night I did make some calls for him, because I think that overall he has something interesting to add to the competition. He captured people's attention last week, and although he didn't turn in a wow performance this week, he also didn't screw up so much to lose the following he attracted in his previous performance. I look forward to seeing what he does next week.

+ Reply to Thread