+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

FORT Fan

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2985930;

Agreed. I think the "lip readers" and "credible" sources got it wrong. When you make the D sound, the tip of your tongue is on the roof of your mouth near the back of your front teeth. With the V sound, your top teeth start out against the bottom lip, just as Jason's did. No way did he say "Don't."

If he'd said "olive juice" and fan girls were swooning and swearing that he said "I love you," I'd believe the rumors.
    Your absolutely right

In fact I'm sure he was speaking directly to me when he said that...( thats even more funny)

I think Jason addressed the issue in at least 10 interviews I have seen...of course you want to win but he admitted ( unlike nearly every other leaving contestant I migh add..that the pressure is immense and part of in hindsight after the FACT a BIG part of him was relieved he was off the hook).

He also said he never thought he would go that far..but some of saw genious and pleasure in keeping him around week after week for pure enjoyment.

He is free now to be himself without criticizm and judgement...for that I'm happy for him!

Jason was on Ellen this morning, and she stirred up the whole "don't vote" issue again. It's so obvious he said "vote, vote" and she insists he didn't. It was so obvious she didn't like him -she didn't even say "good job" or something along the line after he finished singing - huh, but then again, he didn't care, and I love him for that! He is so not pushy and that certainly is refreshing!!

Jason was also on Regis & Kelly. He sang SOTR with his ukelele and sounded wonderful! He also had a nice interview. I am quite impressed with his interviews. He's come a long way from the days he couldn't even get out a sentence. He is happy, content & ready to make music. The naysayers will continue to bash him, and continue to dredge up ridiculous stuff like the "vote, don't vote".
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I agree with everything you said, especially the last sentence... the negative press that's been following him after he's already been kicked off is just disgusting to me. Can't people give him a break? They stopped pursuing Kristy Lee's confederate flag scandal and Carly's many lies the second they left AI. Leave my Jason alone, media!

Can't wait to see Jason in the finale again. I've been living off YouTube video montages of him and need new material already!
    2003-2008.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo;2988341;
    Jason was on Ellen this morning, and she stirred up the whole "don't vote" issue again. It's so obvious he said "vote, vote" and she insists he didn't. It was so obvious she didn't like him -she didn't even say "good job" or something along the line after he finished singing - huh, but then again, he didn't care, and I love him for that! He is so not pushy and that certainly is refreshing!!
    I saw the replay, which I watched because of the bad things I'd heard about it. However, I didn't find that she didn't like him or that she was insisting that he said anything he claimed he didn't. Ellen was just being Ellen, and I didn't feel any negativity or animosity coming from her.

I agree that Jason is refreshing. He consistently makes me smile with his unassuming nature and innate honesty. Those types are too few and far between.

For anyone starved of Jason Castro news, here's an article where he says explicitly that he's never gotten 'high'. Stupid stereotypes!

Link: OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Jason: "I've Never Been High!"

Jason: "I've Never Been High!"

Maybe it was the dreadlocks or the heavy eyelids. Maybe it was the sentences that always seemed to tail off to nothing.

But right from the beginning of this season of American Idol, Jason Castro has been branded as a stoner.

Today, though, the singer told OK! that the reputation is way off the mark -- and that he has never been high in his life!

Jason, who was voted into fourth place last Tuesday, says that he's learned to deal with the stereotypes since he got his locks five years ago.

"I think that, especially with things like [Idol], people like to stereotype so easily," said the 20-year-old from Rockwall, Tx..

"Just because a guy is really easy going... People have always said that [about me].

"When I was younger I was real hyper and they'd think I was always drunk and I had never had a drink of alcohol until, like, last year.

"But the fact is I've never been high in my life!"
    I miss Jason! In his TV Guide interview, he was asked whether he really is as cool and easygoing as he appears to be. He smiled and said "Yes, why be any other way?"
    2003-2008.

FORT Fan

On the Fox Mike & Juliette show recently Juliette mentioned she had heard that he did pretty good on his Highschool SAT's..where he blushed and said he scored a 1340!!! So much for being dumb too!

Good enough for a full ride scholarship to Texas A &M

He is a class act...Happy on Life and they just do not know how to deal with that!! I think the producers tried to perpetuate that myth as well.!

On the tv guide (on tv) interview with Justin G. and Kim C. he was very open about being terrified of moving on to the next round and having to learn 3 songs. Cute stories about all the things he wears in his dreads.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter... that was a cute interview. They asked him what he was thinking about when he was standing next to Syesha waiting to hear his fate and he said that he had heard about how big his fanbase was and he was so fearful that they had voted him into the next round. He laughed and said that he had such a difficult time learning two songs that he knew he'd have no way to learn three. He also laughed about the fact that he was struggling so much with the lyrics of Mr. Tamborine Man and couldn't believe when he blanked on the chorus that he had to repeat over and over again. It was really endearing.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3002232;
    On the tv guide (on tv) interview with Justin G. and Kim C. he was very open about being terrified of moving on to the next round and having to learn 3 songs. Cute stories about all the things he wears in his dreads.
    I just watched that interview and he is such a refreshing change of pace...I do love his laid back style and his honesty in freaking out over having to possibly learn 3 songs!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread