+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

I'll tip-toe into this......

I don't understand why Jason would say "vote, vote," if he so clearly wanted to go home as many reports and Jason himself stated.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2984223;
    I'll tip-toe into this......

I don't understand why Jason would say "vote, vote," if he so clearly wanted to go home as many reports and Jason himself stated.
    Jason actually talked about those reports on the video too. Technically he only told one reporter, the one at Entertainment Weekly, that he wanted to go home. He said, in the interview with EW after his elimination, that they had caught him at a bad moment and he was being badgered with lots of questions at the same time and that it just slipped out. He was just trying to get away for all the questions and all the people bugging him and he was just wanting to escape from all the questions and go back to his room. He also admitted that they had every write to print what he said, but it was not what he meant at all and that he couldn't fault them on printing it.

I am paraphrasing as this is also from another youtube interview.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2984243;
    Jason actually talked about those reports on the video too. Technically he only told one reporter, the one at Entertainment Weekly, that he wanted to go home. He said, in the interview with EW after his elimination, that they had caught him at a bad moment and he was being badgered with lots of questions at the same time and that it just slipped out. He was just trying to get away for all the questions and all the people bugging him and he was just wanting to escape from all the questions and go back to his room. He also admitted that they had every write to print what he said, but it was not what he meant at all and that he couldn't fault them on printing it.

I am paraphrasing as this is also from another youtube interview.
    Thanks JLuvs.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2984213;
    Well I will be happy to completely disagree with you. I watched that section on on my DVR over and over in slow motion and at normal speed and never saw the word don't being said. Who know whether the people who interviewed Jason are professional lip readers, since no one asks them the questions. I believe my own eyes, his words and lots of other people that aren't even fans on him on multiple boards who rewatched along with me and believe that he said vote vote
    JLuvs, I figure I'm not going to convince you otherwise, and that's fine. But the lip reader I was talking about is a FORT poster with a lot of credibility who I PM'd about this. She was kind enough to PM me back that she saw that his body language showed that he was not into being there, and that she saw him say "Don't Vote." Couple that with his admitted relief that he doesn't have to perform 3 songs this week, and that's why I believe he said "Don't Vote" and that the AI machine asked him to say that he said "Vote! Vote!" I do not think less of Jason, no matter what he said. I also do not think he is a pot head. He seems to be a very wonderful, thoughtful, grounded young man. I hope he does very well in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2984366;
    JLuvs, I figure I'm not going to convince you otherwise, and that's fine. But the lip reader I was talking about is a FORT poster with a lot of credibility who I PM'd about this. She was kind enough to PM me back that she saw that his body language showed that he was not into being there, and that she saw him say "Don't Vote." Couple that with his admitted relief that he doesn't have to perform 3 songs this week, and that's why I believe he said "Don't Vote" and that the AI machine asked him to say that he said "Vote! Vote!" I do not think less of Jason, no matter what he said. I also do not think he is a pot head. He seems to be a very wonderful, thoughtful, grounded young man. I hope he does very well in the future.
    I am sure I know who you are talking about. I still choose to believe the comments, statements and opinions of many versus one individual. As well as my own eyes.

I hope that he does well too and wish him all the success in the world.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I just watched the clip on Youtube over and over. If you search "Jason Castro Don't Vote" it comes up with a clip that has been slowed down. Whoever posted that clip seems to think that Jason did say "don't vote."

When I first watched it I agreed and thought, CRAP! He did say don't vote. But when the clip got to the part where it slowed down, I was convinced that he did indeed say "vote, vote". At the beginning of the first word his lower lip goes under his top row of teeth. No way is that a D sound, that's a V. I don't care what your respected lip reader says, you'll never get me to believe that the most comfortable way to say D is with your lower lip tucked under your top row of teeth.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Teaching and Learning :) heatheshells10's Avatar

I'm not a professional lip reader, but I have been taught lip reading techniques in a class last semester, and there is just no way he says Don't Vote there. I just do not see it. The first and the second vote look different because he says vote with a lot of emphasis the first time and then adds the second vote as an afterthought. I'll see if I can explain it a little better. Look at yourself in the mirror mouthing the word vote as if to shout it and then mouth the word vote as if you were were whispering. The words look slightly different and look similar to what Jason's mouth made.
    "I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." -Alex and Emma

I don't really understand the arguement here. When asked, he said his words were "vote, vote", and now that he's gone it's a moot point. He is very open about being relieved not to have to learn 3 songs in addition to the exhausting pace. Time to move on.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2985676;
    I don't really understand the argument here. When asked, he said his words were "vote, vote", and now that he's gone it's a moot point. He is very open about being relieved not to have to learn 3 songs in addition to the exhausting pace. Time to move on.
    I've never understood why it had to be all-or-nothing about whether Jason wanted to win or to go home. Why couldn't he just have had mixed feelings and shown different reactions at different times?

After all -- once you're on the AI train, yeah, it'd be cool to win it, and there are aspects of being a celebrity that must also be kinda cool, and some nights he clearly enjoyed performing a great deal. On the other hand, it's an innately insane and stressful process that was musically pushing him beyond what he had the experience to handle. Thus: wanted to stay, frustrated with some aspects of staying, relieved not to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2985213;
    I just watched the clip on Youtube over and over. If you search "Jason Castro Don't Vote" it comes up with a clip that has been slowed down. Whoever posted that clip seems to think that Jason did say "don't vote."

When I first watched it I agreed and thought, CRAP! He did say don't vote. But when the clip got to the part where it slowed down, I was convinced that he did indeed say "vote, vote". At the beginning of the first word his lower lip goes under his top row of teeth. No way is that a D sound, that's a V. I don't care what your respected lip reader says, you'll never get me to believe that the most comfortable way to say D is with your lower lip tucked under your top row of teeth.

Agreed. I think the "lip readers" and "credible" sources got it wrong. When you make the D sound, the tip of your tongue is on the roof of your mouth near the back of your front teeth. With the V sound, your top teeth start out against the bottom lip, just as Jason's did. No way did he say "Don't."

If he'd said "olive juice" and fan girls were swooning and swearing that he said "I love you," I'd believe the rumors.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread