+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

bama posted the full story on David A.'s thread, Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2981050;
    I think Jason would want everyone to chill out and wish him well in his new endeavors, rather than arguing about whatever supposed disadvantages he suffered from while on the show.

I wish I was following a live feed of Jason having a hometown visit, though...
    2003-2008.

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2983720;
    bama posted the full story on David A.'s thread, Leo.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

heatheshells10 beat me to it, but here's the quote from Jason's interview - "I was just feeling me losing that power just because I couldn’t connect with the songs with like the given time, and I really had a hard time when we picked it up to two songs. I just – like I wasn’t committing to either one, and I couldn’t – I just couldn’t connect with them. I couldn’t fall in love with it. You need time for that." It explains how it really got to him when they had to learn 2 new songs a week (plus group sing). Talk about connecting to the song! That's his whole intent. And if we know that he doesn't get high, then I wish the moderators here would change the title of his interview "I was going to win AI, but then I got high" to something less libelous. I think AI should make up their minds whether they want seasoned professionals or raw talent. Or at the very least allow for that difference when they make their incindiary comments while judging. I don't usually watch the finale after my favorite goes, but I will this time just to see Jason perfom again. And anyone who is able to see the AI tour a few shows in will be treated to a more relaxed Jason. I saw a woman on the AI interview show (with Justin G. and Kim C.) who was at the dress rehearsal last week and she said Jason nailed both songs. Good luck to you Jason - you have a lot of fans!
    Count your blessings!

Anytime, Leo.

For the Jason fans... there's a nice thread going on at the official AI forum/site called "Jasonisms" which has a cute list of things he's said in the past. Click the link on the main page. It brings back a lot of memories

Here's just a sampling:

Interviewer: How has this experience changed you?
    Jason: Well.... It's made me get up earlier...

Simon: What were you thinking?
    Jason: I was thinking Bob Marley!!!!

And, of course....

"I shot the tambourine man."
    Last edited by Tickety; 05-10-2008 at 06:32 AM.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2983727;
    "I was just feeling me losing that power just because I couldn’t connect with the songs with like the given time... You need time for that." It explains how it really got to him when they had to learn 2 new songs a week (plus group sing). Talk about connecting to the song! That's his whole intent.
    YES. That's one of the reasons why I've been rooting for Jason from the very beginning.

He really wants to do something with his music (you really get the sense of that reading his FORT media call-interview). With him, it isn't just a matter of getting up there and just singing whatever you've learnt.

The wonderful thing about Jason is that you can feel his love for the music and you can get message he's trying to send... he doesn't have to be like David A. who straight up tells you that he's singing about homeless people, and that we should all take a minute, and think about them, out there somewhere in Honduras.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2983727;
    And if we know that he doesn't get high, then I wish the moderators here would change the title of his interview "I was going to win AI, but then I got high" to something less libelous.
    I know what you mean, I'm a little peeved at this constant joke that Jason gets high, or whatever. (I don't mean just on FORT... I mean everywhere, in the media, in comments on YouTube videos...) He's in fact one of the most articulate contestants, and as we've read from interviews from the other contestants, he practices constantly, day and night. To know all that and still insinuate he's a crackhead... it's just like a thorn in my side! (As a fan who defends Jason's every wrongly interpreted move.)
    Last edited by Tickety; 05-10-2008 at 06:35 AM.
    2003-2008.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

First, let me lead with saying I'm not trying to bash Jason. He seems like a great guy. But I didn't see where this was mentioned.

Did anyone see him mouth "Don't Vote" after one of his performances? If you want to see it, you can go to the "tube" video hosting site and search for "AI7 Jason Castro Don't Vote" - it should be the first one that comes up. Anyway, I read that Jason claims he realized that people might have thought he said "Don't Vote," when he really said "Vote! Vote!" So the next time he was on camera, he only mouthed "Vote!" I asked somebody on these forums who is well-known here for her lip-reading skills what he said. She said there is no way the first word started with a "V." He did indeed mouth "Don't Vote." My guess is that the AI people did not want it to look like Jason was a prisoner trying to escape (ie. "Get me outta here!"), so they asked him to rectify the situation. They don't want the performers asking to be released! It reflects poorly on the show.

I am glad Jason got his wish and does not have to go through the grueling week that the other three are (even though I think they're happily doing it). It's too bad he has to continue with the charade of claiming that he really wanted to continue in the competition. If he wants a music career after this, he has gone far enough to be successful from the AI standpoint. The rest is up to him and what goes on his CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2983817;
    First, let me lead with saying I'm not trying to bash Jason. He seems like a great guy. But I didn't see where this was mentioned.

Did anyone see him mouth "Don't Vote" after one of his performances? If you want to see it, you can go to the "tube" video hosting site and search for "AI7 Jason Castro Don't Vote" - it should be the first one that comes up. Anyway, I read that Jason claims he realized that people might have thought he said "Don't Vote," when he really said "Vote! Vote!" So the next time he was on camera, he only mouthed "Vote!" I asked somebody on these forums who is well-known here for her lip-reading skills what he said. She said there is no way the first word started with a "V." He did indeed mouth "Don't Vote." My guess is that the AI people did not want it to look like Jason was a prisoner trying to escape (ie. "Get me outta here!"), so they asked him to rectify the situation. They don't want the performers asking to be released! It reflects poorly on the show.

I am glad Jason got his wish and does not have to go through the grueling week that the other three are (even though I think they're happily doing it). It's too bad he has to continue with the charade of claiming that he really wanted to continue in the competition. If he wants a music career after this, he has gone far enough to be successful from the AI standpoint. The rest is up to him and what goes on his CDs.
    I saw it buckeyeaddict! There's no way he said 'vote vote' because he mouth clearly made the 'd' shape, plus the fact that he laughed afterward. I am also glad he was put out of his misery since he was obviously getting too overwhelmed.
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2983851;
    I saw it buckeyeaddict! There's no way he said 'vote vote' because he mouth clearly made the 'd' shape, plus the fact that he laughed afterward. I am also glad he was put out of his misery since he was obviously getting too overwhelmed.
    Actually Jason has answered that question in almost every interview he has done since he was eliminated and has stated over and over again that he said vote, vote. In one of them they slowed down the video clips to prove the point.

I don't believe I can post the links but if you look around youtube there are a minimum of 5 interviews that confirm he said vote vote.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 05-10-2008 at 01:42 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2984150;
    Actually Jason has answered that question in almost every interview he has done since he was eliminated and has stated over and over again that he said vote, vote. In one of them they slowed down the video clips to prove the point.

I don't believe I can post the links but if you look around youtube there are a minimum of 5 interviews that confirm he said vote vote.
    If I hear that credible lip readers are confirming that he really did say "Vote! Vote!" then I'll believe it. For now, somebody of good reputation for reading lips has said he mouthed "Don't Vote!" And I agree that his lips do not look like he's mouthing the same word twice. I believe that the AI people asked Jason to say that he said "Vote! Vote!" Otherwise it makes the program look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2984181;
    If I hear that credible lip readers are confirming that he really did say "Vote! Vote!" then I'll believe it. For now, somebody of good reputation for reading lips has said he mouthed "Don't Vote!" And I agree that his lips do not look like he's mouthing the same word twice. I believe that the AI people asked Jason to say that he said "Vote! Vote!" Otherwise it makes the program look bad.
    Well I will be happy to completely disagree with you. I watched that section on on my DVR over and over in slow motion and at normal speed and never saw the word don't being said. Who know whether the people who interviewed Jason are professional lip readers, since no one asks them the questions. I believe my own eyes, his words and lots of other people that aren't even fans on him on multiple boards who rewatched along with me and believe that he said vote vote
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread