+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

FORT Fan

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCreeklady;2979507;
    I agree!!! The kid is 21 for gosh sakes. Was he EVER given an opportunity to sing a song less than 30 years old???

First three weeks of public voting, Mariah week, Dolly week, Diamond week...

The first three weeks in the top 24 they had to do songs from the 50s, 60s, and 70s (or is it 60s, 70s, and 80s?)

I do believe the contestants are given a list of songs to choose from, and most of those are "older" songs.
    2003-2008.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2980701;
    The first three weeks in the top 24 they had to do songs from the 50s, 60s, and 70s (or is it 60s, 70s, and 80s?)

I do believe the contestants are given a list of songs to choose from, and most of those are "older" songs.
    Forgot about that change but the 80's and late 70's are still within 30 years. The mentors week selections included more recent work as evidenced by selections such as Jason himself doing a Dolly song from 2005 and a Mariah one from 1990 defeating the premise that he never had any contemporary songs to chose from that I refuted in said post.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;2980788;
    Forgot about that change but the 80's and late 70's are still within 30 years. The mentors week selections included more recent work as evidenced by selections such as Jason himself doing a Dolly song from 2005 and a Mariah one from 1990 defeating the premise that he never had any contemporary songs to chose from that I refuted in said post.
    Jason was born in 1987....he probably does not remember anything prior to 1997 unless his parents played it at home. I know I could sing and still can to this day Patsy Cline but only cuz she was my moms favorite.

I read an article that said most of his early song choices they could not get approval on and one actually was approved and then they changed their minds. Precisely why you saw no footage of him in the early eliminations. They could not be shown.

He was selected based on songs from Sublime, Ray LaMontage and other favorites but he was never allowed due to the themes to do them.

I think Jason would want everyone to chill out and wish him well in his new endeavors, rather than arguing about whatever supposed disadvantages he suffered from while on the show.

I was glad to have him on the show, and now I'm glad he's moved on. Congrats, Jason!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2975114;
    I'm still chuckling over people's responses to forgetting the lyrics. It hasn't been that uncommon an occurrence in this year's top 10. It's not that uncommon an occurrence in the real world. Happens all the time. The main thing is to not get upset and keep going. Which is what he did. Unforgiveable? Not even. Unfortunate. Yes.
    David A. forgot his lyrics.

So did Brooke.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Even Carly admitted to forgetting lyrics.

FORT Fan

Seem Archuletta changed his lyrics at the direction of his dad Tuesday night and cost IDOL alot of money with the artist....he is now banned from the stage or practice sessions!:nono

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCreeklady;2983135;
    Seem Archuletta changed his lyrics at the direction of his dad Tuesday night and cost IDOL alot of money with the artist....he is now banned from the stage or practice sessions!:nono
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Source?

+ Reply to Thread