+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2977976;
    I'm glad he was a genuine soul... pure, not pretentious whatsoever.

I agree....I always liked that he didn't do a little "pick me, pick me" dance and holding up X# of fingers to indicate his voting number. He always seems to be very humble and shy....I would have liked him to show us all what he could actually do. I think that he will do well with the forth place finish. Let the comic strip hero win....ownership will then shift from father to AI contracts.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2975114;
    I'm still chuckling over people's responses to forgetting the lyrics. It hasn't been that uncommon an occurrence in this year's top 10. It's not that uncommon an occurrence in the real world. Happens all the time. The main thing is to not get upset and keep going. Which is what he did. Unforgiveable? Not even. Unfortunate. Yes.
    I canít help but agree there... I have seen REM many times and each time Michael has a music rack out with his song lyrics.. and he openly tells you he can't remember them all. LOL. I loved his honesty!

Unforgiveable vs. unfortunate as you stated is hitting the nail right on the head. I still like Jason and whish him ALL the best.. heís got a wonderful laid back persona and a sincere voice. I would love to see him go further.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Jason is so awesome!!
    I know that he will be sucessful no matter what!!!
    Now our only hope for a decent Idol lies in David C!!!
    No Snoreesha or 4th Jonas Brother for me!!
    Congrats to Whitney for being the first plus-size ANTM and David Cook for being the first rocker American Idol!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShesTheBlade;2978341;
    Jason is so awesome!!
    I know that he will be sucessful no matter what

...in busking or performing in a college coffee house, I do agree, yes.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I also liked this kid. He was honest, personable, humble, and easy going. And, I liked his sweet voice. I thought the judges gave him a bad time for nearly every song he sang (except Over The Rainbow) and over praised Anchuleta. It is obvious who they want to win!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2978563;
    I also liked this kid. He was honest, personable, humble, and easy going. And, I liked his sweet voice. I thought the judges gave him a bad time for nearly every song he sang (except Over The Rainbow) and over praised Anchuleta. It is obvious who they want to win!
    I totally agree with this part....

"He was honest, personable, humble, and easy going. And, I liked his sweet voice."

Simon saw potential in Jason , Randy had issures but then we all know his head is in the clouds at times. I think Simon knew he could do better but the format of the competition did not allow him and his own style of performing or give him the time he as an artist needs to put his heart into the music.

I saw an interview that Jason said that he has been a musician for many years and when playing an instrument (guitar, drums etc.) you practice with the ability the instrument possess and using his voice as an instrument is a new concept to him.

All guitars can be played the same by the same artist and sound pretty much alike but voices are not that way. It is easy to blame the player for mistakes on a guitar but when your voice is the instrument you have to adjust the song/music to the voice......does that make any sense?

Well now he is free to go back and smoke all the pot he wants.

Thats probably why he was so darn happy when he sang his farewell.

Teaching and Learning :) heatheshells10's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;2978995;
    Well now he is free to go back and smoke all the pot he wants.

Thats probably why he was so darn happy when he sang his farewell.
    Jason does NOT smoke pot. I think it's hilarious, and I don't just mean you because there are so many people who think that way, that people are so quick to make false judgments based on appearances. Just because he has dreads and is a goofy laid-back guy does not mean he is a pothead.

That's beside the point. American Idol will be far less interesting with him gone. I loved his quote from an interview earlier today when he was talking about why the competition got so tough with the addition of more songs. He picks songs because he loves them and likes to truly connect with the song. With all the rediculous added stuff that having nothing to do with music they contestants have to go through every day and the busy schedules, Jason said that he didn't have time to really connect with a lot of the songs and that it "takes a long time to fall in love."

I wish him all the luck in the world, as I do all the contestants. I would never rush to make judgments about people I do not know.
    "I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." -Alex and Emma

I am so happy with the 4th place finish and they way in which he went out last night. I can't wait to see him on the idol tour and in smaller venues when he plays his own tunes.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2979281;
    I am so happy with the 4th place finish and they way in which he went out last night. I can't wait to see him on the idol tour and in smaller venues when he plays his own tunes.

I agree!!! The kid is 21 for gosh sakes. Was he EVER given an opportunity to sing a song less than 30 years old???

I was surprised he had heard anything they had to choose from. He said he chose Tuesday's songs that were familiar hoping he could prepare for them in the short time given rather than a new song that he could not relate to. If you recall he had so little time with "Memories" he had no idea the story behind it and was made fun of for that.

Hint to future participants ..It seems to win this you must have a collection of already performed and memorized songs from multiple "one foot in the grave artists" who have a cd in the works and be able to mix up the arrangements to make them current??? In short you must be a singer, music major, arranger, play a instrument and able to memorize lyrics in your spare time while holed up in a small apartment with another stressed out contestant in the same boat that may change on a weekly basis, who is separated form their family (spouse), loved ones and do this all with less than 8 hours of rest per day! Or in Archie's case a dad who is joined at your hip 24/7 investing in your career his life savings and sacrificing his own means of support in the hopes that he will manage you when you win & be secure for the rest of his life with your $$$

I love the itune versions of "Crazy", "Clumsy" that are available.. When he sings songs that he can relate too he was fantastic!!

I envy his joy and laid back personality...when he smiles it is infectious!
    The absolute best part is that he is comfortable in his own skin..unwilling to change to attempt to "win" this competition and probably does not give a rip what people who make fun of him are saying behind his back...

Good luck to him (although I do not think he will need it)..he will be happy no matter where the road takes him.
    Last edited by SilverCreeklady; 05-08-2008 at 10:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread