+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo12;2975101;
    I am new to FoRT, but have been watching AI avidly this season. I really saw some great potential in Jason, as many have mentioned, in the early part of the season. I was hoping that his not "being in the zone" (as the judges are prone to say) was going to subside, because I do look forward to his performances. He is great when he is "on."

At this stage of the game though, I (like so many others) feel his performances should not usher him on to top 3. I have an inkling that his Aggie brothers and sisters are helping Jason out week after week. I can only hope the rest of the fans can overpower them in time for the finale.
    I agree....I have been a fan of Jason since the start of the competition, but he is not improving. I know, I know....David A.'s songs all sound the same, so much so that they could all be the same song...but I think Jason could do better and he hasn't.

I wish that he could stay and prove me totally wrong, but, I have to face the harsh reality....his fans can't keep him in. JMO

BTW Flamingo

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar

I wonder if he's trying to get himself ousted? He probably realizes he doesn't belong in the Final 3, so he did everything he could the past several weeks to get voted out.

Basically, he's railroading himself.

Just wonderin' ...
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2004;2975957;
    I agree....I have been a fan of Jason since the start of the competition, but he is not improving. I know, I know....David A.'s songs all sound the same, so much so that they could all be the same song...but I think Jason could do better and he hasn't.

I wish that he could stay and prove me totally wrong, but, I have to face the harsh reality....his fans can't keep him in. JMO

BTW Flamingo
    It ia difficult to get better when you have to choose songs older than the hills ( I can say that cuz I'm older than most of those songs too).

I want him to stay long enough to hear his choice of music that his age group will buy along with us old foggies!! I'm thinking somethin along the lines of Jason Mraz style..he would do well with that. Ray Lamontague is is favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPea Patches;2975999;
    I wonder if he's trying to get himself ousted? He probably realizes he doesn't belong in the Final 3, so he did everything he could the past several weeks to get voted out.

Basically, he's railroading himself.

Just wonderin' ...
    I think you're right.

Jason is from my town and the talk I heard is that he's just ready for it all to be over. I doubt he'd try to sabotage himself but I don't think he'd be too broken up over leaving.

Personally, I'd rather him leave before the hometown visits. If he survives tonight, the plan is to bring him up to our local harbor on a boat and have him perform there. That spot happens to be my favorite weekend hangout for dinner and coffee. So if he survives, it's really going to screw up my weekend plans. No way am I going anywhere near that hoopla.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Jason's reponse to Ryan commenting that he looked relieved said it all. He won't have to learn 3 songs next week. It makes sense now that this really got to be too much for him when he had to perform two songs for the week. He appeared to be genuinely happy to be going home.

Jason did extraordinarily well for someone with his level of experience - he has a lot to be proud of. Taking on two or three songs a week -- especially with the way the show runs them around on all these extraneous promotional things -- is challenging with a solid basis of foundation skills, never mind with Jason's more organic and spontaneous approach.

You have to figure he'll be heard from again, given how many people just love his personality.

I'm glad he left respectably and happily. If he's happy with 4th, I'm happy with 4th.

I loved how he just remained himself throughout the whole thing. "Someone told me I shot the tambourine man!" Not something David A. would ever be allowed to say by his father, that's for sure.

We you Jason!

2003-2008.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Jason was misunderstood, by me as well. He is that laid back and that natural. I'm happy he is happy. Good Luck Jason!

I'm glad he was a genuine soul... pure, not pretentious whatsoever.

I'd take him any day over trained-and-coached David A. The tween girls just don't know...
    Last edited by Tickety; 05-08-2008 at 11:28 AM.
    2003-2008.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2977976;
    I'm glad he was a genuine soul... pure, not pretentious whatsoever.

I'd take him any day over trained-and-coached David A. The tween girls just don't know...
    Amen to that ... it's great to see the 'real deals', a la Brooke, Carly, Syesha and Jason, amongst others.

Contrast that with David A. ... well, I won't even go there ... :nono
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

+ Reply to Thread