+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 611

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

  1. #511
    Completely LOST pintobean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Mount Airy, North Carolina
    Posts
    555

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    I like Jason but at this point I know that it is time for him to go. Let him leave as gracefully as he can and accept that finishing fourth is not bad. Good things can come from finishing fourth just look at Chris Daughtry. Jason can make a good album and hopefully someone will pick him up. I would be interested in seeing what he could do. His ITunes are great so I think that he could have a future in the music business. It time for him to concentrate on other things besides Idol. Just my opinion!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

  2. #512
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,526

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    I think it's funny that he chooses a song with lots of lyrics and forgets a few and gets pounded for it, but David C. chooses a song that's mostly do do do do do and the other lyrics repeat over and over and that's just fine. So he's not a scream and power note singer. So what? Can you imagine Bob Dylan or Arlo Guthrie on AI? And yet they both had/have excellent careers. I don't really care if Jason goes this week or next week because he's obviously not going to win. I just hope if he beats out Salesha this week they don't tear him to shreds. I think he's lovely at what he does and will really blossom when he's on the tour.
    Count your blessings!

  3. #513
    FORT Fanatic brierpatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    415

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    His first song was awful - he had the guitar in his hands for no apparent reason as he only strummed it for visual effect a few times for the entire song, the background singers sang half of the song for him, and I couldn't figure out what he was doing with the rhythm. Why was he smiling about the fact that he shot the sheriff?

    On the second song, I had three thoughts, in this order:
    1. Not bad - Dylan seems to be his vibe and he even sounds a bit like him. The guitar sounds good, and he seems more present in this one...followed by
    2. Wait a minute, he sounds just like Dylan, and has done nothing to make the arrangement his own (I hear karaoke in his future)...and then
    3. HOLY CRAP, he forgot the words!!!! There's no redemption here. He's a goner.

    It's too bad - but in his interviews it sounded like he was checking out, and last night on his performance he did check out.

  4. #514
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2974252;
    I think it's funny that he chooses a song with lots of lyrics and forgets a few and gets pounded for it, but David C. chooses a song that's mostly do do do do do and the other lyrics repeat over and over and that's just fine. So he's not a scream and power note singer. So what? Can you imagine Bob Dylan or Arlo Guthrie on AI? And yet they both had/have excellent careers. I don't really care if Jason goes this week or next week because he's obviously not going to win. I just hope if he beats out Salesha this week they don't tear him to shreds. I think he's lovely at what he does and will really blossom when he's on the tour.
    Totally agree with everything you said. I was thinking they didn't even give Jason credit for picking a difficult song to sing. None of the singer/songwriters would have done well on idol, because on this show it's all about style over substance. My all time favorite singer ever is Harry Chapin. I doubt he would have even made it to Hollywood.

  5. #515
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    I think Jason seems like a very nice guy. It's too bad many think he was stoned last night. IMO, he's just very laid back, and doesn't take this competition seriously. I'm not being critical. That's just who he is. He probably isn't the type of person who wants to concentrate his whole life in one area. I'm the same way. But this competition is for people who are incredibly focused on a music career. From what I hear, Jason is a very strong Christian, and his focus might be on more important things than music. Or maybe he wants to be involved in many different things, including music. Jason has said in interviews that he's ready to go home. On American Idol Extra, Kristy Lee said it was nice to have a break before preparing for the tour. I think Jason will be very happy to get break from the hectic pace before it starts back up again.

  6. #516
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    650

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2974252;
    I think it's funny that he chooses a song with lots of lyrics and forgets a few and gets pounded for it, but David C. chooses a song that's mostly do do do do do and the other lyrics repeat over and over and that's just fine. So he's not a scream and power note singer. So what? Can you imagine Bob Dylan or Arlo Guthrie on AI? And yet they both had/have excellent careers. I don't really care if Jason goes this week or next week because he's obviously not going to win. I just hope if he beats out Salesha this week they don't tear him to shreds. I think he's lovely at what he does and will really blossom when he's on the tour.
    I completely agree. He is a very talented young man and that people
    are starting to compare him to Sanjaya is really ticking me off. He is unique and has a very tranquil voice. I could listen to him all day long and I am almost 40 years old. Not a teeny bopper.

  7. #517
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    356

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;2974206;
    Forgetting words during Top 4 is unforgiveable. He appears to have given up. Would be sad to see him leave on such a low note.
    Forgetting the lyrics is not great ever...unless you are David A.(twice if memory serves me) or Brooke ( but then they treated her much nicer).

    For a guy who sang 5 times in public to go this far is phenominal...if he goes he goes with his head held hight..no crying or blubbering about how life is unfair.

    As I suspect Jason will say.."It was a hoot I'm gonna go home see my girlfriend and get ready to go on the tour".

    He really has nothing to be ashamed of!!

  8. #518
    FORT Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,631

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;2974297;
    His first song was awful - he had the guitar in his hands for no apparent reason as he only strummed it for visual effect a few times for the entire song, the background singers sang half of the song for him, and I couldn't figure out what he was doing with the rhythm. Why was he smiling about the fact that he shot the sheriff?

    On the second song, I had three thoughts, in this order:
    1. Not bad - Dylan seems to be his vibe and he even sounds a bit like him. The guitar sounds good, and he seems more present in this one...followed by
    2. Wait a minute, he sounds just like Dylan, and has done nothing to make the arrangement his own (I hear karaoke in his future)...and then
    3. HOLY CRAP, he forgot the words!!!! There's no redemption here. He's a goner.
    This is something I have said all along about Jason. He plays that guitar and the backup vocals to "hide" behind. He isn't articulate sounding when he sings...like some there are. I think he'll get the boot tonight.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  9. #519
    FORT Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,631

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;2974206;
    Forgetting words during Top 4 is unforgiveable. He appears to have given up. Would be sad to see him leave on such a low note.
    Totally agree. No excuse this late in the game forgetting words.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  10. #520
    FORT Fogey mbcrowder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    47
    Posts
    853

    Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2971230;
    I think it's unfair for people & the media to say Jason doesn't want to be there.
    You still think he wants to be there? that's 2 weeks in a row where he was completely unprepared.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.