+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

I think it's unfair for people & the media to say Jason doesn't want to be there. I am sure whatever he said was taken out of context. People seem to forget he was a 20 yr old college student with no experience when he started this venture. It has to be overwhelming.
    Actually, I find Jason's mannerisms endearing & real. He doesn't try to put on any airs. Jason is just being Jason, and I like that!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

He needs to sing Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2971230;
    I think it's unfair for people & the media to say Jason doesn't want to be there. I am sure whatever he said was taken out of context. People seem to forget he was a 20 yr old college student with no experience when he started this venture. It has to be overwhelming.
    Actually, I find Jason's mannerisms endearing & real. He doesn't try to put on any airs. Jason is just being Jason, and I like that!
    I am one of the ones who has said that it seems like Jason doesn't want to be there anymore. It is my perception from watching him, and from what I perceive and what I've read about his recent song choices. I don't say it speaking on behalf of Jason, or pretending to. The context of what he's said doesn't really come in to play much, because a lot of my perception comes from my read on his behavior. Please remember, when I (and others) say that it seems like Jason doesn't want to be there, we're voicing our read on the situation. Each of us expressing our impressions of each performer is certainly fair game. After all, who sticks around is based on a popularity contest -- so the producers and the performers are ASKING us what we think. They're asking for our judgements, and mine is that I'm not impressed with Jason and it seems like he doesn't want to be there.

FORT Fan

I think the difference is that Jason being fairly new to the world of singing he has not been dreaming of a career as a singer for many years..like some of the others and their fathers (in David A.'s case).

He is making the most of this experience and enjoying it all as much as possible...and putting his future in the hands of his Lord and Savior... What will be will be!

To me he is the ipitomy of the American Idol...true undiscovered talent. Even he does not know what he has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2969985;
    What I , personally, meant about Jason Castro making faces that annoy me are the faces he makes while standing on stage while the judges talk to him, or critique him. SO unprofessional-like. He stands there and blows his cheeks with air or rolls his eyes around. I agree with a few posters who have commented about him acting like he isn't even sure he wants to be there.
    I love those faces Jason makes during the judges' inquisition. Most of all, they show he has a sense humor--something sorely lacking from most AI performers. His delightfully quirky singing carries through to his stage presence with the judges. Also, I like how his offbeat personality is a counterpoint to his conventional good looks. He understands that performing is a form of storytelling through lyrics, music and stage presence. His demeanor with the judges perfectly matches his singing personality: I find that quite professional.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-06-2008 at 03:55 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Jason wants to WIN. AI chooses what camera shots they put up. The week Jason yawned he was really ill all week. If he looks away for a moment that is the camera angle shown. If one of the Judges gets his attention he may even be shown behind a leaving contestant with a smile that appears incongruous. The powers that be do not want him to win. Is that not obvious. This week on the new behind the scenes photos Jason has one photo, four remaining singers and Jason has one photo. Notice during the performances they cut away from the closeups on Jason which is where you can really get his intensity and show things like a violin player wearing sun glasses last week.

If you like Jason and you and hate manipulation then please vote vote vote. Do not split your votes, vote for the two hours on redial. Its pretty easy to do and on a whole lot of phone systems there is no charge or so little its negligible.

As an official Dreadhead, and long long time poster here on the FORT, I urge you to get those ppones ready and VOTE LIKE A WILD PIG

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar;2972641;
    Jason wants to WIN.

If you like Jason and you and hate manipulation then please vote vote vote. Do not split your votes, vote for the two hours on redial. Its pretty easy to do and on a whole lot of phone systems there is no charge or so little its negligible.
    Ok, I'll accept the premise that Jason wants to win. But if TPTB don't want him then how is that helpful to Jason and the type of music he wants to make?

I really want him to make top 3. Then he could be done with the nonsense!!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I felt bad for him on the 2nd song - the judges ripped into him even in David A's judging! That's got to be hard to take. Having that said, his vocals aren't great, and I think based on that, he should have gone the week Carly did. Sure, he's attractive, but that isn't enough for success. Even if he does make it through and get a record deal, you can't SEE him by playing his music. If you take away the face and just listen to him sing, it's mediocre at best.
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

Forgetting words during Top 4 is unforgiveable. He appears to have given up. Would be sad to see him leave on such a low note.

+ Reply to Thread