+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2803042;
    Not a bad performance and I liked the guitar. I must admit when I saw him with it, I thought he would bomb.

And those horrid dreads? They've got to go!
    I don't know. I thought he was pretty dreadful.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2802496;
    Jason Castro is my early favorite. Is it me or does anybody else think he looks EXACTLY like John Travolta in the face.

I agree....I am hoping that some one will post a side by side of this Jason C. and a pic of John Travolta from his Pulp Fiction days.

He looked like a deer in the headlights last night and still manages to perform well. Perhaps this stay under the radar approach to the competition will pay off in the near future. I do hope that Jason will continue to do well and then just blow everyone out of the water when he decides to come out of his shell and show us what he is really made of.
    Last edited by scotty2004; 02-20-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling

FORT Fogey

I was pleasantly surprised by Jason last night. As I said in the show thread the tone and texture of his voice are incredible. He may not have the most powerful voice amongst the men but it sure is interesting and unique. Couple that with the fact that he has charisma, a beautiful smile and there is just something about him...didn't Simon say that he and David A. just have star written all over them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2803135;
    I was pleasantly surprised by Jason last night. As I said in the show thread the tone and texture of his voice are incredible. He may not have the most powerful voice amongst the men but it sure is interesting and unique. Couple that with the fact that he has charisma, a beautiful smile and there is just something about him...didn't Simon say that he and David A. just have star written all over them?
    Yes. Simon said that Jason, David A. and Michael Johns just "have it." Those were the only three he said that about.
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2803229;
    Yes. Simon said that Jason, David A. and Michael Johns just "have it." Those were the only three he said that about.
    That's a pretty good start for them then. I actually wasn't as impressed with David A. after re-watching the show. I liked him during Hollywood week but he didn't wow me after watching him a second time.

After watching Jason again I am still in awe. He really has a headliner power about him. I can actually see him fronting a band and I loved how laid back and comfortable he looked up there with the guitar. It really was effortless and I'm shocked that he's only ever performed in front of people about five times in his life. He also has a quiet confidence about him...humble...something.

ETA: I think what I like most about him is that his voice is so unique. In other words, if you heard him singing on the radio you would know it was him. None of the other guys have that uniqueness about their voices...sing well, yes, unique, no, I couldn't pick them out by their voice. I like being able to recognize a singer on the radio as soon as they start singing.
    Last edited by Lynn7; 02-20-2008 at 02:16 PM.

He was definetly my favorite last night. I look forward to seeing more of him....

I liked his performance last night (though I was itching to cut off those nasty dreads) - in fact, it was probably my favourite of the evening. I think I need to see and hear him a few more times, though, and without the guitar. His future is still a bit iffy, especially considering how nervous he seemed.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2803287;
    That's a pretty good start for them then. I actually wasn't as impressed with David A. after re-watching the show. I liked him during Hollywood week but he didn't wow me after watching him a second time.

After watching Jason again I am still in awe. He really has a headliner power about him. I can actually see him fronting a band and I loved how laid back and comfortable he looked up there with the guitar. It really was effortless and I'm shocked that he's only ever performed in front of people about five times in his life. He also has a quiet confidence about him...humble...something.

ETA: I think what I like most about him is that his voice is so unique. In other words, if you heard him singing on the radio you would know it was him. None of the other guys have that uniqueness about their voices...sing well, yes, unique, no, I couldn't pick them out by their voice. I like being able to recognize a singer on the radio as soon as they start singing.
    ITA.......Jason does have a unique voice!

Not sure about the quiet confidence though, as he seemed scared to death last night (after the song was finished). Considering his performance, I was amazed to hear he had previously only performed in from of people a few times ~ wow!

I'm hoping he sticks around for awhile.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2803444;
    ITA.......Jason does have a unique voice!

Not sure about the quiet confidence though, as he seemed scared to death last night (after the song was finished). Considering his performance, I was amazed to hear he had previously only performed in from of people a few times ~ wow!

I'm hoping he sticks around for awhile.
    I'm referring more to him being on stage. He oozes confidence on stage but it's subtle and not the blatant kind of "I deserve to be here" kind of confidence it's a "this is where I belong" kind of confidence. I hope that makes sense

I agree he seemed shy and nervous and maybe even a little scared after his performance but I attribute that to a naturally shy personality and the fact that he has so little performance experience under his belt. I'm really looking forward to hearing more from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2803479;
    I'm referring more to him being on stage. He oozes confidence on stage but it's subtle and not the blatant kind of "I deserve to be here" kind of confidence it's a "this is where I belong" kind of confidence. I hope that makes sense

I agree he seemed shy and nervous and maybe even a little scared after his performance but I attribute that to a naturally shy personality and the fact that he has so little performance experience under his belt. I'm really looking forward to hearing more from him.
    Gotcha ~ I completely agree with this assessment! Seemingly at ease during the performance, but a frightened puppy afterwards.

He mentioned something about living life in the background.........so he really must be stepping out of his comfort zone to perform on AI.....props to him!

+ Reply to Thread