+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

I didn't agree with Randy's assessment of Jason's performance this week. I thought the changes he made to the song were perfect - his voice was very tender at those points, as was needed. Nice job Jason

I loved his reaction to being asked a question live on-air! It was like, "Dang it, not another interview!"
    2003-2008.

he's gonna have to change it up a bit his performances are starting to become repetitive. i see him making it into the top 6 at least but if "hallelujah" is as good as it gets then he's in trouble.

I've seen negative comments about his hair -- putting down his dreads. After seeing his childhood photos Tuesday, and noticing his resemblance to Alfred E. Newman with short hair, the dreadlocks were a good fashion choice. Not everyone can pull them off, and Jason looks great in them. Oh yeah, I like his singing, too.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Beatles Week 2 I Feel Fine

Whiticism : real size! bluegins's Avatar

Hey I think Castro is responsible for one of the most impressive Itunes downloads!!! Hallellujah has been in the top 10 for a whole week (best selling singles!) lol. And it was actually number 1 for a couple of days. Now all the new songs are taking over but I'm still very surprised. Castro is also responsible for making me watch AI past the casting round. I am now intrigued. But I missed his performance. I was watching One Tree Hill at the same time lol.
    Elyse, Shannon,Nicole (c1), April, Yoanna, Sara, Jenascia, Eva, Ann, Toccara, Cassie, Kahlen, Brittany, Nicole (c5), Kim, Jayla, Danielle, Joanie, Brooke (c6), Caridee, Megan, Brooke (c7), the twins, Renee, Whitney (c8), Felicia, Diana, Chantal, Sarah (c9), Heather, Lisa (c9), Whitney (c10), Amis, Allison, Lauren, starting to like Katarzyna

I sense the mighty Jason love, I just don't get it. Oh well. He's charming enough I suppose.
    Intellectually, I think the appeal is that he sings with amazing simplicity, as if he just happened to think of something to say, and he happened to be holding a guitar, so the thought came out as a song. Thus, his phrasing is driven by the meaning of the words, rather than by where he can add a Big Moment. In a show more known for melisma and glory notes, this is startling; plus, he's so mellow that he doesn't come across as pandering for the win.

While he's not my favorite, I think it's a better season because he's part of the competition; and it's a good sign for marketability when after just one song, fans are practically in orbit.

FORT Fanatic

I love Jason, love, love, love him. More each week. Every time he opens his mouth. It is the year of the guys as far as I'm concerned. Right now if the entire show were just the two David's, Jason, and my Michael, I'd be in heaven. Oh I'd throw Brooke in there two. The only girl I like this year.
    It is so refreshing to have a Jason and a Brooke. To me they are the mirror version of each other. I love it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2840080;
    I didn't agree with Randy's assessment of Jason's performance this week. I thought the changes he made to the song were perfect - his voice was very tender at those points, as was needed.
    I know I'm going against the tide, but I think Randy is the best of the AI judges. But, in this case, I had to disagree with him too. I loved Jason's interpretations of the song.

I could see him singing "This Never Happened Before".
    I just love his mellow voice!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2847594;
    I could see him singing "This Never Happened Before".
    I just love his mellow voice!

I would also like to hear him sing an old song recorded by Burton Cummings, called "I will Play A Rhapsody" Great song and would suit him I think.

+ Reply to Thread