+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Castro - Season 7

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jason Castro - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2825006;
    People keep asking so I thought I'd try. Hmmm...didn't work right.

Lynn7 I hope that you don't mind, I really liked your pics and I hope that this helps.

FORT Fogey

I really like his sound. He reminds me of something like a cross between a '60s folk singer and something more contemporary. He's cute too though I wonder what he would look like without the dreads...??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2004;2825437;
    Lynn7 I hope that you don't mind, I really liked your pics and I hope that this helps.

No problem. I still haven't figured out how to get the actual picture to post instead of the link. So thanks!

Like Gracie727 I think he also has a bit of a folk sound but something very current about his voice. I'd also like to see what he looks like without the dreads. I'm picturing the long beautiful locks that Brad Pitt had in Legends of the Fall. Yum and double yum.

There is something so subtle, and almost mysterious, about Jason. That he isn't an open book is what partially draws me in when he sings. I think, generally speaking, people are drawn to support the shy talented contestant versus the outgoing attitude type talented contestants. Subconciously, it's like rooting for the underdog in a way...because you think the outgoing ones, who are always trying to be in the spotlight, don't necessarily need the emotional support.

I've used the words captivating and mesmerizing before with Jason because I don't know how else to describe what it is about him. I think the difference between he and most of the other singers is that he commands your attention when he sings. He isn't the most powerful singer in the competition but he certainly has the most unique voice IMHO. When you hear the same old same old, with each and every singer, and then one gets up that sounds so incredibly different it makes you pay attention.

This kid has everything that I consider to be a star. You can have the most incredible pipes going (aka Carly and David A) but very few artists make a career of that (aka Celine and Christina). The ones that have long lasting and durable careers are the ones that when you hear them on the radio you immediately know it is them. Jason has that quality.

Okay [/GUSH]

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2816137;
    Am I the only one that LIKES his hair??
    I also like his hair.

Commenting on his previous performance in bands, being a drummer is much different from being in the front.

The Jeff Buckly version of Alleluia is my favorite song of all! Jason did a really nice vulnerable performance of the song. It is a very difficult song and Jason had the phrasing just right. I wish he could do the entire lyrics. Maybe on tour

I hope he does well, I liked him from the start.

Last edited by Candybar; 03-07-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: omited a comment

I think Jason looks like the love child of (a young) John Travolta and actress Lisa Edelstein.

His facial expressions are more Travolta (at that age) but his features look more like Lisa E.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 03-07-2008 at 01:51 PM.

peachroses

I loved, loved Jason's last performance. In fact, I have re-listened to it on U-tube several times.

I really like this kid and hope he does well in his career. I hope he sticks around AI just enough to get the public recognition of his talent.

Good Luck Jason.
    Because I said so ....

I hope they give him a chance to perform it again sometime. I'd love to hear it with the penultimate note given good breath support and without that annoying rushing the tempo through the rising parts of the verses (which he didn't do in the rehearsal clip from the recap). It fits his voice well, but it'd be so nice to hear it without the bad flaws...

I have a feeling that he could be potentially be massive and sell huge amounts of albums. He's very current and relevant, and his whole style... he just has IT.

Beatles Night - You've Got to Hide your Love Away

My only problem with him is that he seems too "hippy" like. Oh and those horrble dreadlocks, CUT them off!
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread