+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

Re: David Cook - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2999398;
    I'll write a Harlequin-esque romance for you Broadway! I like that over-the-top romantic mush! I'm a complete sap for a good romance, whether in writing or music....which probably explains the constant when David sings a love song.
    Good deal I love that stuff, too, although I must admit I don't need help getting my mind going with him... heh. (fangirly moment.. sorry!)

I like the mail-bag segments and other hilarious quips you type up calamari, so please don't stop on our account! We might need some after the finale is over and we don't have David in our faces twice a week anymore! At least until the withdraw period ends...
    Agreed once again! That's where my request was coming from... a plaintive "more, more, more" request because I love the way she writes. Please don't stop because of one minor misunderstanding!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2999464;
    Agreed once again! That's where my request was coming from... a plaintive "more, more, more" request because I love the way she writes. Please don't stop because of one minor misunderstanding!

Oh, I can't stop while there are still word nerd jokes in the queue. It would be a shame to fail to fully exhaust the possibilities, plus there are at least three glowing adjectives in my vocabulary that haven't been properly deployed on DC-praise yet, and he might could probably will almost certainly will end up meriting exceeding them.

Now what you gotta do is cajole me into actually downloading this week's studio track. Curiosity about what he did with it is getting to me, but having been so vociferous in disliking the producers' song choice, I just cannot make myself do it.

I don't know that I could cajole... and I fear encouraging you to listen to the sample at itunes prior to making your decision as there is such a lead-in of the violins that you will not get a good feeling for how well he does with the song.

I will tell you that it is pure David... gravelly voice and all. My only complaint is that the arrangement is too fast and we don't get him at his moody best. I think he could have gotten more emotion out of the song if he had slowed it down a bit.

But he sounds incredible. Steven Tyler has nothing on DC!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I must be in the minority b/c I like Don't Want To Miss A Thing. I've always loved that song, so for David to sing it was just a bonus. I really need to get more money into my itunes so I can DL it
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Downloaded it last night and listened to it more than once today while at work. (snarky grin)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2999880;
    But he sounds incredible. Steven Tyler has nothing on DC!
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2999880;
    I don't know that I could cajole...
    What is this, the ultra-soft sell where I start feeling I must hear it because there is no way the praise it's getting could possibly be sufficient? (No, it's probably the silence of the women too squeeful to type...)

It is gorgeous. I can dissect some of what DC does, but how he manages to make inane lyrics sound far more intelligent and meaningful than they did in the original -- that one baffles me. It's partly in his phrasing, but that's all I can figure out.

That is the first time I've ever heard that song and thought it wasn't idiotic. (Okay, I liked it. See, I'm admitting it. I am capable of change. Change starts with baby steps. This'd be the second third fourth I've lost count song that David's interpretation convinced me to change my mind about.)

Okay, I was smiling all the way through, 'cause it's impossible not to when DC does his stuff. The original has always struck me as either gloating or self-involved rambling, and DC's come across as a very tender, humble effusion of genuine emotion.

When I was randomly grousing on the spoiler thread about how some songs do a lot better with integrating the "rocker" sound with the "man, his voice is gorgeous"* effect than happened with "Dare You to Move" -- THIS song is much more what it sounds like when it's done right.

*I type this phrase so often that I need it as a macro. Worse yet, there's something of DC's that I was listening to at work where I realized I had just muttered "man, his voice is gorgeous" aloud three times and was soon going to start eliciting unwanted attention from the broker in the next office.
    Last edited by calamari; 05-15-2008 at 10:13 PM.

(But I still stand by my opinion that nothing compares to what he can do with his own material. The only "next" that David is is the Next Big Thing. Otherwise -- first and only.)

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;3000520;
    (But I still stand by my opinion that nothing compares to what he can do with his own material. The only "next" that David is is the Next Big Thing. Otherwise -- first and only.)
    His own material is worthy.....ha, ha, get it!

I am sick with adoration for this guy, really, it's beyond obssesion at this point. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;3000435;
    It is gorgeous. I can dissect some of what DC does, but how he manages to make inane lyrics sound far more intelligent and meaningful than they did in the original -- that one baffles me. It's partly in his phrasing, but that's all I can figure out.

That is the first time I've ever heard that song and thought it wasn't idiotic. (Okay, I liked it. See, I'm admitting it. I am capable of change. Change starts with baby steps. This'd be the second third fourth I've lost count song that David's interpretation convinced me to change my mind about.)

Okay, I was smiling all the way through, 'cause it's impossible not to when DC does his stuff. The original has always struck me as either gloating or self-involved rambling, and DC's come across as a very tender, humble effusion of genuine emotion.
    So you ended up giving in the uncontrollable curiousity and downloaded the song? I knew you'd cave evenutally! Curiousity usually kills the cat, but in this case, it's the cat's meow?

BTW, did anyone see Access Hollywood last night? Nancy O'Dell was talking to David Foster about the Davids to get his take. He said some junk about Archuleta doing a Chris Brown-esque record and if he did, he'd fail miserably (I agree). Then he said that David has to try to convince his younger audience that he is a genuine rocker because they don't believe he is...wait, what?! David Foster, did you get a hold of what Randy Jackson was smoking and/or drinking on Tuesday's show? Foster then goes on the say that musically, Archuleta should win but he thinks that David will win because he's more popular. I see it the exact opposite.

I am so tired of people saying David isn't a genuine rocker...I'm sorry, Robbie Carrico...but David is a bonafide rocker and this is evident in music he's done before Idol and how he has presented himself while on the Idol stage. If David Foster were here right now I'd
    Forever a Word Nerd

+ Reply to Thread