+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1333

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

  1. #521
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2970550;
    Y'all might be needing these.

    Yep. At least one for each day of the week (two on Tuesdays. )
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  2. #522
    Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,756

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2970550;
    Y'all might be needing these.

    Ya think Unklescott!

    Thanks!

  3. #523
    You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    390

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2969559;
    I agree, and I'd like to say that as a non-voter, I intend to do my share this week and vote as long as I can for Mr. C.
    Me too.
    I'm not delusional enough to think that my couple hundred votes could make a dent in the overall tally of millions of votes. But I pledge to call in those votes and ask you other Cookie Monsters (OK, just David Cook fans) to do the same.
    Collectively we have a good shot at ousting the others, including David not-ready-for-the-grown-up-stage Archuleta) by May 21. Let's do it!

  4. #524
    Total Gleek BuckeyeGal007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2970398;
    And let's consider this logically... those top-secret AI contracts, where none of us is sure what's in them? DC does know because he signed one. If he says he wants to win -- which he has certainly implied, if not said outright (I don't follow all the interviews) -- then he knows what he's getting himself into.

    If he didn't want to win, he'd be coasting at this point (Top 4 was good enough for Daughtry, after all; and last season's runners-up got major-label contracts down to Top 6). In all the years I taught performing arts-related stuff, I've never seen anyone less close to easing back or just sliding by. DC has put his entire adult life into going after this career; and people actually think they know better than he does what's best for him? I wouldn't have the nerve.

    If you think he's the best, vote for him -- trust him to sort out his own career.

    (Finally an up-to-date photo? Yes, that's good. That's very good indeed.)
    I didn't know that my post would spark up this much debate. I hope that you don't think that what I wrote is truly what I believe (because it isn't). I simply stated what I have heard the argument is, not what I personally believe. I don't know how much clearer I can be on that. I get what everyone is saying, and agree whole-heartedly.

    I guess I shouldn't have opened my mouth, so to speak, but someone asked, so I replied as to what I thought. People I work with who watch AI talk to me all the time about why he shouldn't win and I just shake my head and try to explain why they're fooled in that belief. If I thought David would be better off not winning, I wouldn't vote for him, which isn't what I'm doing. Like I previously said, I'm voting for David until the very end and would love to see him win.

    Thanks for posting that pic talldede!
    Last edited by BuckeyeGal007; 05-06-2008 at 09:38 AM.
    Forever a Word Nerd

  5. #525
    FORT Fanatic calamari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    638

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2971264;
    I didn't know that my post would spark up this much debate. I hope that you don't think that what I wrote is truly what I believe (because it isn't). I simply stated what I have heard the argument is, not what I personally believe. I don't know how much clearer I can be on that. I get what everyone is saying, and agree whole-heartedly.
    Ack! I'm sorry -- you were perfectly clear and I knew you shared my frustration with the reappearance of the "it's better for DC not to win" speculation. I used your post as my jumping-off point for joining the conversation because yours was the most coherent statement, so it was easy to quote without hacking out a bunch of verbiage. (I don't mind yanking the chain of people I disagree with, but I hate it when someone I'm applauding thinks I'm attacking. You were absolutely being right and reasonable.)

    Let us join hands in friendship and ponder just how sexy DC is capable of making a sappy coronation song, if he's given the chance to do it.

  6. #526
    Total Gleek BuckeyeGal007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2971303;
    Ack! I'm sorry -- you were perfectly clear and I knew you shared my frustration with the reappearance of the "it's better for DC not to win" speculation. I used your post as my jumping-off point for joining the conversation because yours was the most coherent statement, so it was easy to quote without hacking out a bunch of verbiage. (I don't mind yanking the chain of people I disagree with, but I hate it when someone I'm applauding thinks I'm attacking. You were absolutely being right and reasonable.)

    Let us join hands in friendship and ponder just how sexy DC is capable of making a sappy coronation song, if he's given the chance to do it.
    I'm sorry too, calamari! I know that by typing responses, it's hard to judge how someone is coming across. I was just surprised that my post elicited that much response. I also didn't want anyone to think that my post was how I personally felt.

    BTW, I think David could totally rock the AI winner's first release. I'm sure he'll totally make it his own and it will be fabulous.

    Someone I work with had the gall to tell me that they think David will be ousted in the Top 4 spot and I had to restrain myself from lunging across my desk to take them out!
    Forever a Word Nerd

  7. #527
    Forum Assistant Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,744

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2971339;
    I'm sorry too, calamari! I know that by typing responses, it's hard to judge how someone is coming across. I was just surprised that my post elicited that much response. I also didn't want anyone to think that my post was how I personally felt.

    BTW, I think David could totally rock the AI winner's first release. I'm sure he'll totally make it his own and it will be fabulous.

    Someone I work with had the gall to tell me that they think David will be ousted in the Top 4 spot and I had to restrain myself from lunging across my desk to take them out!
    But only before you told them if they didn't want that to happen they should vote their tiny fingers off! For the first time ever I voted for a whole half hour last week - over a hundred votes. I'm voting longer this week! Thank goodness I have almost unlimited calling after 9 PM, and with a touch phone it's only three touches for each call. One to ring, one for speaker so I can tell when they close the call, and one to stop. I got rummy after 20 minutes, but I vow to take a short break if that happens tonight and then keep on calling!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  8. #528
    Total Gleek BuckeyeGal007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2971379;
    But only before you told them if they didn't want that to happen they should vote their tiny fingers off!
    Oh no, they want that to happen because they don't like him. Which is why I had to even further restrain myself. Someone said they find him arrogant (which causes me to have fits of laughter because I don't think David has one arrogant bone in his body).

    I already said I wasn't coming into work if he would get voted off before the finals...or else I'll come in wearing all black because I'll be in mourning.
    Forever a Word Nerd

  9. #529
    FORT Fanatic calamari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    638

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2971390;
    Oh no, they want that to happen because they don't like him. Which is why I had to even further restrain myself. Someone said they find him arrogant (which causes me to have fits of laughter because I don't think David has one arrogant bone in his body).
    Absolutely! DC has always struck me as having the self-collectedness that comes from having prepared properly (and I mean laying down the right foundation over the course of years, not just rehearsing adequately for any given night) so that he knows what he's doing and is focused on doing it, not on himself. It's almost the opposite of arrogance, because preparing properly requires being very clear-headedly self-critical.

    Added: Let's see how many "he ought to win, but I never vote" viewers we can convert to two hours of real votes... I'm still trying to figure out how to get beyond two extras, but working in a small office is a handicap here. *sigh*
    Last edited by calamari; 05-06-2008 at 11:15 AM.

  10. #530
    Total Gleek BuckeyeGal007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: David Cook - Season 7

    I feel ya on the small office, calamari! People here, even though they watch AI and have strong opinions on who should win, who did bad/good, laugh at me when I say I voted for David. It really annoys me..

    I view AI as I view politics...you have no right to complain unless you vote! Who are we to say who should win or shouldn't win if we don't vote for our favorite.

    Off my soapbox now.
    Forever a Word Nerd

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.