+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

Re: David Cook - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2969411;
    And then I ask myself, "Is it wrong to go up to complete strangers and say, 'You must listen to my iPod now. Trust me on this.'?" I'd bet it'd be possible to hypnotize most of the gals shopping at AJ's into passionate voting in under three minutes...
    We could go stalk people in mall parking lots like aspiring rappers do all the time...."Hey you! Take a listen to this hot new artist."

I told my mom she had to vote for David every Tuesday...or else I'd be sad.
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2969420;
    Someone has an eensy-weensy, tiny little crush on DC!
    Evoking that sort of response is part of his job. I appreciate fine craftsmanship wherever I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2969366;
    It's time to start responding to friends who say "I like that David Cook's singing -- he should win -- but I never vote" with a wake-up call that if you want someone to win, ya gotta vote for them. I am not and never will be a fan of voting for someone out of loyalty rather than because they're good (and I think in DC's case, it's an insult to his artistry to contemplate that route), but if they already want him as the winner, those are votes that should be delivered.
    Yes, it's time for non voters who they believe should win to start voting, for David C. Both my sisters think David C. should win, hands down, but they don't vote.

I was out of the country during the last results show, but just watched it on YouTube. You know what really struck me? The look on David Cook's face when Brooke was struggling to keep it together during her farewell song, just before he stepped forward to give her a quick rub on the back...did you all catch that moment, specifically the look on his face as he watched her sing? I found it so touching... and it made me like David Cook even more than I already do. (If someone else already commented on this and I missed it as I raced through the posts, my apologies!)

Quote Originally Posted by mom3;2969538;
    The look on David Cook's face when Brooke was struggling to keep it together during her farewell song, just before he stepped forward to give her a quick rub on the back...did you all catch that moment, specifically the look on his face as he watched her sing? I found it so touching... and it made me like David Cook even more than I already do.
    People were discussing it on the actual results show thread, I believe.

But yeah, its little things like that which make me like contestants more and more.

That said, he has to stop being so lovable! I'm fighting to stay loyal to Jason, and he's not making it easy. (I refuse to split votes. )
    2003-2008.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom3;2969538;
    I was out of the country during the last results show, but just watched it on YouTube. You know what really struck me? The look on David Cook's face when Brooke was struggling to keep it together during her farewell song, just before he stepped forward to give her a quick rub on the back...did you all catch that moment, specifically the look on his face as he watched her sing? I found it so touching... and it made me like David Cook even more than I already do. (If someone else already commented on this and I missed it as I raced through the posts, my apologies!)
    Yep, I saw it. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he's not afraid to show emotion. I've mentioned this before, but I am struck by David's leadership.

After Eleanor Rigby, when he took front runner status, he has shown himself to be the leader of the group. He is the big brother, he is the main comforter of the rejected on elimination nights, I even read he gave up a song choice because Syesha wanted it as well. David Cook has thrived under the front runner status, whereas Archie has crumbled.

Not only does he have the talent to win this show, he has the character.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2969478;
    Yes, it's time for non voters who they believe should win to start voting, for David C. Both my sisters think David C. should win, hands down, but they don't vote.
    I agree, and I'd like to say that as a non-voter, I intend to do my share this week and vote as long as I can for Mr. C.

I'm still debating on whether or not he'd be better off winning the show or getting 2nd or whatever. He still deserves to win though.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I'd love for someone to put into words why they think he would be better off coming in second. I don't understand the logic when you know that he is still tied to 19 Mgmt.

The look on David's face just before he stepped up to rub Brooke's back? As much as I love the guy and know that he adores Brooke and has a heart of gold... he was actually looking off stage and it looked like he was trying to figure out what someone was telling him to do. He was watching someone intently and then pursed his lips like "Huh?" and then he walked up to her.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2969657;
    I'd love for someone to put into words why they think he would be better off coming in second. I don't understand the logic when you know that he is still tied to 19 Mgmt.

The look on David's face just before he stepped up to rub Brooke's back? As much as I love the guy and know that he adores Brooke and has a heart of gold... he was actually looking off stage and it looked like he was trying to figure out what someone was telling him to do. He was watching someone intently and then pursed his lips like "Huh?" and then he walked up to her.
    My impression was that he walked up thinking the group would surround her giving support, then looked offstage and someone waved him off. It looked awkward when he backed away.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread