+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

Re: David Cook - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2857031;
    That's also consistent with the weird phenomenon where he walks on stage looking like no one you'd give a second glance, and then when he sings, it's total hotness. Introverts have to switch themselves "on" to perform. In the early weeks, you can almost watch him gradually grasping that he has to be "on" for the entire show, not just when it's his turn to sing. (And he's still in "hibernate" mode for much of the results shows.)
    Absolutely agree

It's like holy cow! How did I not notice how hot this guy is.

As for comparing him to Daughtry - no comparison. I'd buy David's CD, but not interested in Daughtry at all.

I loved this guy from when the top 24 started performing. He'd probably be better off NOT winning, and be free to make what kind of album he wants. You know he will definitely get a record deal. The best thing to happen to Daughtry was not winning.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

ARE they actually free to make the album they want if they don't win? We all say so every year (I'm as guilty as anyone), but aren't the entire Top 24 required to be at the beck and call of AI for various periods after the Finale? (Shorter for those eliminated before the Top 12, longer for the last few survivors?) I was about to be skeptical about the extent to which TPTB would try to "pop" up a rocker with a distinct sound, and then the voices in my head whispered two words: "Bo Bice." But maybe they've learned better.

My not-unbiased thought is that the reason DC doesn't already have a major-label contract (assuming he'd gotten as far as trying for one) is the partly spurious charisma issue. Obsessed as I am with his earlier indie album, from a music executive's perspective, it's probably just one of many good submissions with potential -- and then for looks, DC is no Luke Menard. One great thing about the AI stage is that it lets decision-makers see the Mystery Waves of Awesome Hotness (MWAH) in action. Paula's practically fanning herself and reaching for a cigarette after most DC performances. Heck, RANDY is practically reaching for a cigarette after most DC performances.
    Last edited by calamari; 03-24-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2864828;
    and then for looks, DC is no Luke Menard. .
    Most professional singers, men, are just average looking. You don't have to be handsome, in my book, but sing well, have a little charisma. DC is good looking, look closely at as face. LM was handsome but he didn't have the talent, I'd rather have the talent.

DC is good looking, look closely at as face.
    Well, when it comes to tasks like this, it's not like you have to ask me twice. Dangerous levels of over-achievement are really possible here.

I think David C. is just as fine as Luke Menard, if not more because of his talent. Oh, to be that guitar!
    2003-2008.

i don't find him at all attractive. i don't know what it is but its not purely based on looks because there are some unconventional looking guys in rock music who are hot as hell but david does nothing for me.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

FORT Fan

Well, I find him extremely attractive. Just look at those smoldering eyes and those sexy lips. And add in some brains and talent and you have one
    gorgeous man in every way. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2866639;
    i don't find him at all attractive. i don't know what it is but its not purely based on looks because there are some unconventional looking guys in rock music who are hot as hell but david does nothing for me.
    I agree, looks-wise. He does nothing at all for me.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

earlier on in the show i didn't think david was all that attractive.

but every week he gets hotter and hotter...

+ Reply to Thread