+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

Re: David Cook - Season 7

I like Daughtry in his season, but I like Chris a lot more. I agree that their sounds aren't really the same. David sounds the most like the type of music I listen to normally.

I'd buy a CD of his, too.
    I wasn't talking to you, Jenny. If I was talking to you, I would have said "Jenny."

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;2856231;
    I actually think David is more authentic rock than Daughtry.....Daughtry is more pop alternative rock......but David has more edge in there, there is something there. Now I dont particularly like him, but I have never really liked rock singers, their personality....thats what makes them seperate from the pop rock singers.

I would buy Davids CD in a heart-beat
    I would buy Chris Daughtry's cd over David's........any day.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2856522;
    I'd buy both!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2856522;
    I feel the complete opposite. I think David C. has a real shot at winning or placing second. I'd vote for him over Carly, Brooke and David A.

Smug, I do not think he was at all. Maybe Simon was trying to bait David C. to react, talk back, he didn't bite the bait.
    Last edited by graycat11; 03-20-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2854407;
    I don't see smug with him at all. He knows that he has to bring his "A" game each week because he knows the other in this competition are great. He's said as much. I like his attitude and his style
    I don't really get the "smug" thing either. I think he has a very good understanding of how valuable the exposure he's getting on AI is for his career. I also think he's one of the few Idols (from all seasons including this one) who has enough experience and confidence in his abilities to both perform and arrange the songs they have to choose from and do them well without leaving their own style and personality behind. That's really the only thing I think he & Chris Daughtry have in common (besides, as calamari said, being the designated "rocker"). I would put Brooke in this group as well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't really get the "smug" thing either.
    I've always interpreted DC's expression as being self-contained and maybe introverted, rather than smug. This is, after all, a guy who does crossword puzzles and who worked in a bar and sang bars, yet no one has surfaced with photos of him doing anything more embarrassing than achieving a goofy expression and some unusual hair choices.

That's also consistent with the weird phenomenon where he walks on stage looking like no one you'd give a second glance, and then when he sings, it's total hotness. Introverts have to switch themselves "on" to perform. In the early weeks, you can almost watch him gradually grasping that he has to be "on" for the entire show, not just when it's his turn to sing. (And he's still in "hibernate" mode for much of the results shows.)

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2857031;
    That's also consistent with the weird phenomenon where he walks on stage looking like no one you'd give a second glance, and then when he sings, it's total hotness.
    Calamari, I love you for writing that line!

I'm going to use it for the rest of this season of AI to my friends. "C'mon, when he sings, it's total hotness!" I'll also throw in "He makes the Beatles fierce, man!"

David C. is certainly one of the frontrunners at the moment, and I couldn't be happier.
    2003-2008.

He's had so many great performnaces. I only see him getting better and better. He's so much better than a lot of the poeple on the show already and they're really good, so thats saying something.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

if he wins or gets held to his contract with the AI label he will be putting out a pop/rock record. bet on it.

For me, "smug" as applicable to David is summed up by the wink he gave to the camera after Simon said that David wasn't as good as he thought he was. He was just so sure that someone out there wanted him to wink at her.

+ Reply to Thread