+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1333

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

Re: David Cook - Season 7

My sympathy to David and his family. Adam fought a valiant fight, and is now at peace. I LOVED last season of AI with Cook, and almost feel like we know the family. Best wishes to them all.

My heart goes out to the whole Cook family.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3432727;
    David Cook’s Brother Adam Dies

There is also a place on David's web page where you can post messages and condolences.

Search YouTube for "David-Cook Race-for-Hope-speech" to hear David's announcement from this morning.
    Thank you for posting this information and the links to David's speech following the race. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to David and his family.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

My prayers and blessings going out to the Cook family tonight. So sad. May Adam rest in peace.

Incredibly saddened to hear of Adam's passing. My thoughts & prayers are with the Cook family.

So sad to hear of this horrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Cook family
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Thank you, TopCatDC for bringing the news to the forum. It is always sad to learn of those who have lost loved ones. Adam was in our consciousness because David was in a public forum - American Idol; but others such as my friend, Christy, and Blues Songstres' brother-in-law struggle in private surrounded by family and friends. I hope the monies raised by this run (2 mil) help with research funding where it is most needed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

MTV has a good article with more reactions from the Idol people: David Cook's Older Brother Adam Dies

Adam was able to come out and see his brother perform Mariah Carey's Always Be My Baby on "Idol" last season, after residents from the brothers' hometown raised more than $45,000 to pay for Adam to travel on a private plane with a nurse to attend the show. Cook canceled a pair of concerts in March to go home and spend time with Adam. He also wrote a song, "A DailyAntheM," in honor of his brother for his debut album.

"Idol" judge Paula Abdul told People that Adam Cook was part of the show's "extended family," saying he "supported his brother wholeheartedly, even through his own fight. My heart goes out not only to David, but his family as well."

Fellow judge Simon Cowell also had kind words for the family, telling the magazine, "I was incredibly saddened to hear the news. I met Adam Cook a few times at 'American Idol.' He was an incredible guy, and right now my thoughts are with David and his family."
    Also, since I posted yesterday someone has put up an even better video of David's speech at the race yesterday. Search youtube for David-Cook-Race-for-Hope-Speech.

I think the thing that touches me the most in this little speech is how he does not make the moment about himself and his loss. Instead he turns it around to the accomplishments of everyone who participated in the race. That takes an incredible amount of emotional maturity. Bravo David, and Godspeed as you move through the coming difficult days.

FORT Fogey

David Cook now has a statement on his blog. Here is an excerpt:

I wanted to write everyone and say a few things, in light of recent events, to dispel any misinformation that may be circulating and to say thank you on behalf of my family and myself to everyone who has shown even the slightest bit of support to us and our efforts as a family to help eradicate this terrible affliction.

My brother, Adam, passed away at 11:52pm Eastern, May 2nd. He was 37 years old and leaves behind his wife and two children. We had played Sunfest in West Palm Beach that night, walking off stage at approximately 11:00pm Eastern, and I rushed to get on a plane to fly to Washington D.C., to be a part of the Race For Hope-D.C., a fundraiser for research and development of a cure for brain cancer. I learned of Adam’s passing upon getting to my hotel around 3:00am Eastern. I decided to run in the race, despite all of this, for two reasons. First, my brother never wanted his illness to affect others. That was evident in the fact that he wanted his illness to have no part in my experience on Idol, a point he was quite adamant about. So, with that wish in mind, I ran and was involved with the event as an homage to him. Secondly, there are many people who are still battling, and by running and sharing my brother’s story, I hope that it offers those still fighting that much more resolve to not succumb to this wretched disease.
    Also, Cook's rival in the Finale last year, David Archuleta, made a statement from the UK where he is on tour.

"It really struck me when I heard about the news of Cook's brother. I know they had been struggling with it for a while, so my heart really goes out to them. It's so admirable the way he's handling it though, and it's amazing to see him there as an example for millions of other people who have also been affected the same way he and his family have.

I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers, and hope the Cook family stays strong."

Premium Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Cook family. And I know Archie and David are really close so not surprised that he issued a statement of support.

+ Reply to Thread