+ Reply to Thread

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

Re: David Cook - Season 7

I had read he was running, but not where or when - thanks for the article. You've also included my very favorite photo of David. Maybe I'll put it back in my avatar. *sigh* I think I've listened to Bar-Ba-Sol three times today. One was an older youtube of the AOL session - love the arrangement!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3425184;
    ...You've also included my very favorite photo of David. Maybe I'll put it back in my avatar. *sigh* ...
    We need a to come up with a caption for that photo. What do you think?

I don't trust myself to write a caption for all the world to see! I miss seeing DC every week on AI....so I had my own private concert at home today. I watched every one of DCs AI videos from itunes ...twice! I'm so glad I bought them all last year. I knew they'd come in handy. I followed that little performance with all of Adam's vids plus 1 of Kris'. It was a nice break from the routine!

I wish I hadn't been so cheap and purchased all of them. I only have The Music of the Night. Some of the others (along with his pre-Idol videos) I found on youtube last season and their scratchy selves will only be available as long as the uploaders deem them worthy. I'm at the mercy of a screen name and have no control. I haven't purchased any Adam videos this year, but I did purchase the latest from Kris. The studio version of his song is orchestrated and I liked it better with guitar and drums only. In this case I'm so glad I was able to buy the video from itunes. I really like the way itunes has the video right under the studio track this year. It is less confusing about what they want to sell you. (Have I pimped itunes enough times to get a free song?)

Caption: Hmm...something with the word dreamy ...I MEAN dreaming... in it.

ETA. My entry for the caption: Reminiscing about what has happened; Dreaming about what is to come.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-27-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a caption to that photo, courtesy of my mother:

"Wouldn't you like to wake up to this every morning.?" Why yes, I would! I'll also take one of that in every size and color. Mmmkay, thanks!
    Forever a Word Nerd

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Aw, he was nervous for the kissing scene. Gah, I love this guy.

FORT Fogey

David Cook’s Brother Adam Dies

I went to see David Cook run in the Race for Hope this morning here in DC. When I got there I heard that David had let people know that his brother, Adam, had lost his fight with cancer last night. This is so heartbreaking. Prayers go out to David and his family.

Update:

There is now a press release.

After a long and valiant struggle with brain cancer, “American Idol” winner David Cook’s brother Adam died at 1 a.m. this morning at a hospice in Terre Haute, IN.

A family friend told RadarOnline.com exclusively, “Adam passed away peacefully. “He was surrounded by his family, including his wife Kendra, his children, his father and his step-mom, among others.”

David was rushing back on a jet when his beloved brother died. “The family thought that Adam would go much sooner than this, actually,” said the Cook family friend. “That’s why David left his tour a few weeks back so that he could be with Adam. They said their goodbyes then.”

But Adam, 36, rallied briefly after that…and David returned to his concert tour.

“He took a turn for the worse this weekend and David rushed to get home.” But sadly he couldn’t make it in time.
    There is also a place on David's web page where you can post messages and condolences.

Search YouTube for "David-Cook Race-for-Hope-speech" to hear David's announcement from this morning.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 05-03-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3432727;
    David Cook’s Brother Adam Dies

I went to see David Cook run in the Race for Hope this morning here in DC. When I got there I heard that David had let people know that his brother, Adam, had lost his fight with cancer last night. This is so heartbreaking. Prayers go out to David and his family.

Update:

There is now a press release.

There is also a place on David's web page where you can post messages and condolences.

Search YouTube for "David-Cook Race-for-Hope-speech" to hear David's announcement from this morning.
    I heard about this. Very devastating news for David and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them all during this time.
    Forever a Word Nerd

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

This hits home very hard for me, as my brother-in-law is currently in hospice with brain cancer. All my love, prayers and good wishes to David and his family. May they find solace in knowing that Adam is no longer suffering.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3432871;
    This hits home very hard for me, as my brother-in-law is currently in hospice with brain cancer. All my love, prayers and good wishes to David and his family. May they find solace in knowing that Adam is no longer suffering.
    I'm very sad to hear this, a lot of us feel like we've been pulling for Adam right along with David.

to you and your family BS.

+ Reply to Thread