+ Reply to Thread

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: David Cook - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3403693;
    A lot of other people did too. After Idol David had eleven songs on the US singles chart - the highest number of concurrent hit singles since the Beatles racked up 14 in 1964.

As for waiting around for the "real" David Cook to show up - I think he's here already. He wrote most of the songs on his album. (Including one with Kara!)
    Which song did Kara co-write? I saw an interview she did last summer in which she said she wrote a song with him, but didn't know if it was going to make the album. I looked and didn't see her name on any of the songs. Although there isn't any information for "Kiss on the Neck."

I saw the video for the new single, Come Back To Me, and it is gorgeous. Well, gorgeous in the sense of story telling. Time rewinds over the course of the song back to the moment when "they" kiss good bye at the airport. Very poignant and it made me see the song in a more romantic light than I had before. BTW - that kiss makes you want to cry for them (the characters.) Good Job, David!

Now if he would release Bar Ba Sol...a very different video would be in play...he would have to wake up on the floor of a messy apt and exhibit a pounding hang-over. That would be interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3405869;
    Now if he would release Bar Ba Sol...a very different video would be in play...he would have to wake up on the floor of a messy apt and exhibit a pounding hang-over. That would be interesting.

And his keys would be missing and his nose would be bloody. But those are the consequences of what he’d chosen…

LOVE THAT SONG!!!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Come Back to Me is a gorgeous song, made even better by the video. Stunning.

And Bar-ba-sol.......YES! My fave song on the album, just release it please David!

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3410343;
    Come Back to Me is a gorgeous song, made even better by the video. Stunning.

And Bar-ba-sol.......YES! My fave song on the album, just release it please David!
    Yes please, Bar-ba-sol and Kiss On the Neck. I like a little grittier/dirty David Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3410612;
    Yes please, Bar-ba-sol and Kiss On the Neck. I like a little grittier/dirty David Cook.
    Dirty David Cook sounds good to me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3410687;
    Dirty David Cook sounds good to me too!!
    Oh...(fanning self) don't get me started!

I still miss seeing him every week. I have all his AI songs on my iPod, and if we were still in the days of vinyl, they'd be worn out by now.

FORT Fogey

FYI

From People magazine this morning:

In the midst of a busy tour schedule, David Cook is planning to take a break well, technically a run for a cause close to his heart on May 3 in Washington, D.C.

Cook, 26, whose brother Adam has been battling brain cancer for over a decade, will serve as grand marshal in the Race for Hope 5K, which benefits brain cancer research, and run the race as part of a team he set up which has already raised more than $40,000.
    Use the link above to read the full article.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3405869;
    I saw the video for the new single, Come Back To Me, and it is gorgeous. Well, gorgeous in the sense of story telling. Time rewinds over the course of the song back to the moment when "they" kiss good bye at the airport. Very poignant and it made me see the song in a more romantic light than I had before. BTW - that kiss makes you want to cry for them (the characters.) Good Job, David!
    I read that he couldn't imagine being that uncomfortable doing a kissing scene, that he had to keep apologizing to the actress!! Haha - what a position to be in, huh?

+ Reply to Thread