+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1333

Thread: David Cook - Season 7

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: David Cook - Season 7

I can't wait to watch Leno! I don't think hubby recorded it for me, because our DVR is pretty much full right now. But thank heavens for that video hosting website.

I just posted a link in the Media thread to an article about "Cougars 4 Cook." It talks about DC's appeal to older women. It also mentions that this year's finale brought in about a million more viewers than last year's.

I wasn't around on final performance night or finale night to comment, but I'm around now and have seen everything on a pal's Tivo.

I find this "ending" to this season really interesting, because to my eye, Cook performed on the final performance night with a seeming intent to lose. Not that even at his worst, he's bad, because he's not, but I think he's been more excited all along with the publicity he'd get from Idol than with the actual idea of holding the title--and then consequently having to be Grampa's Clive's little contact slave after that.

Of course the 2nd place, heck even the 3rd place, people are bound just as tight, but who knew if he even thought about this early on? And later on? I still think maybe he was feeling a bit contrary there near the end, since he obviously did what he wanted more than what was probably best for his chances of winning.

And then... he won ANYWAY.

To me, it seems he either had an unexpected power voting block bigger than the Archie cadre of Screaming Disney Radio Listening Little Girls, or OTHER than Team Archie's huge screaming little girl fanbase, pretty much EVERYONE else turned on lil' Archie because the smell of bland vanilla-ness was just TOO much.

Cook was the more interesting and better winner, but to be honest? I never expected it to happen.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

razor pointed me to something that wasn't Carrie related ...he knew all the Cook fans would love it...

It seems in addition to the car he won...he's also going to be a biker...check out the bike...

Link Here

Ultra Motorcycle Co. of Temecula, Calif. made this custom chopper for "Idol's" winner. Even though David Cook might want to use the vehicle to get as far away from "AI" as possible, he'll have the judges along for the ride -- their mugs are painted all over the back of the bike. His predecessors on the "Idol" throne -- that includes Fantasia and Taylor Whatshisname -- are painted right on the gas tank.

(There's another picture of the guitar shaped gas tank but for some reason I'm not able to post it here...my computer has been acting haywire...)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Wow! That's some bike.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Can it get any better!!!!! OMG I love motorcycles~~well riding on them. And that would be an awesome bike to be on the back with DC, me holding on really, really tight!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3019766;
    (There's another picture of the guitar shaped gas tank but for some reason I'm not able to post it here...my computer has been acting haywire...)
    Here it is. Man, that is a sharp bike!

I thought that bike was all kinds of ugly, like I'd want to ride around with Randy and Simon's and Jordin's faces between my thighs (haha) but then you showed that gas tank and all I could think was SWEET! What an awesome custom chopper. I'd have to repaint it a little but the rest is really awesome.

I wonder if David can ride? Women will be swooning across the country if pictures of him emerge riding.

I'm so sad, as in pathetic, haha. I had a perfectly good Sansa MP3 player and convinced myself that my 5 year old needed it so being the good mommy that I am? Went out and bought myself a Nano (4 gigs the Sansa was 2). The real reason I did this? So I could get DC's video off the iTunes store before they stopped letting us download them.

Again....kind sad. LOL...how you like that mom-justification?

Blech. TMZ is reporting DC is now officially dating Kimberly Caldwell. She is soooooooooooooooo annoying. Lost some respect for this guy already!

He just asked her out for the first time on AI Tonight last Wednesday... saying that he had heard that she had been saying nice things about him all season. Considering he hasn't had time to himself since then, nor time to sleep, they haven't had much of a date at all. One date does not constitute "dating"?
    Last edited by Broadway; 05-26-2008 at 08:06 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread