+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2803575;
    David A. isn't too young. At least he's 16 and not 17. If he sings well, more power to him, that's a natural talent, you either got it or don't.
    He is 17 now.

I agree.....he has a natural talent.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2803362;
    It's disheartening to see how many very young performers destroy their lives and careers because they were pushed into something that they clearly weren't ready for emotionally. David seems like a lovely boy, but it's not just his actual age - his demeanor is immature (and I don't mean that in a negative way at all).

I enjoyed his performance last night - I do think he's gifted, and I think it's selling him short to consider him a likely teen idol. For every Justin Timberlake, how many Shaun Cassidys and Leif Garretts are there? The career life of a teen idol is notoriously short, is my point, and I suspect David can do better.
    I tend to agree with you on these points, with one caveat. In David's case he seems to be well grounded for his age. I would hazard it's because of the parental influence. Perhaps they should have waited to make this move, but the dye is cast. And, David is not going to be leaving the competition any time soon.

I totally heart this kid, I agree with a poster way above that mentioned "all I know is he makes me smile"...ME TOO!!! I was downright giggling when he was talking to Ryan afterwards. I never did that with Melinda Doolittle, she was way too 'wide eyed'. This kid was genuine (at least to me).

I kind of hope he doesn't go all the way and that his parents are strong enough to beat off the vultures, he could use some growing up before he hits the big lights, but I'm glad he's on this show!!!

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I repeat... this guy will be there at the end... or pretty darn close! He's amazing!
    I'd love to see/hear a lot more of David, along with Michael Johns for as long as they'll hang on! Wow!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Is this the kid, BoBo? If so, I agree! He's fantastic. Made my eyes all watery. He "moved" me. I can never stay away from Godfather Part II, but I flipped the channel just before he began, and I figured he had to be who you mentioned as a stand-out.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I noticed tonight that there are two female singers who are younger than David. I checked their threads and not one mention of their age. I'm wondering why it's such a big deal with David, and not with the girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2804872;
    I noticed tonight that there are two female singers who are younger than David. I checked their threads and not one mention of their age. I'm wondering why it's such a big deal with David, and not with the girls?
    Because he looks a lot younger And acts a lot younger too.

Lol... totally love the part after he performed... where ryan said you can't adopt him
    All Hail Omarosa

kid gonna be a $ magnet. Fits right in the mold of "Virgin/Christian" talents like Jonas Bros, Miley Cyrus, High School Musical. All he's gotta do is take a chastity vow & get a show on Disney/Nickelodeon.

Quote Originally Posted by psylancer;2808190;
    Lol... totally love the part after he performed... where ryan said you can't adopt him
    I thought it was painful to watch... But he seems to be a very nice kid. I'm not just sure about his performance. It was okay but I don't think it was THAT good, I don't think it was worth all that praise. I was little disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread