+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

All I know is that whenever he is on I find myself with a big smile on my face. I enjoy him and his performances.

Great voice and a humble spirit, and while I understand that some want the depth that comes with age (me too if I have a choice), I just can't penalize him for being young.

He definitely wasn't my fav last night, but he was good and he chose a song with a TON of words, so I give him props for that!

I loved his performance last night. It was so cute how shy he was when he was talking to Ryan after he sang.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I don't see how anyone can say that he is too young. He's the perfect age to be a teen idol and then move into a more mature image in a few years. This can be said about quite a few of this years male contestants. The judges managed to narrow it down to (almost) all teen heartthrob types. This is what the show should be looking for NOT another Reuben. (how he ever won is still a mystery to me) Justin Timberlake is a perfect example. I'm not a huge fan but would consider him an idol. Started REALLY young and grew as an entertainer that's how it works. Most past winners ,although talented, just aren't idols.

I think he has a far better chance of long career if he waits until he's a bit older. It's disheartening to see how many very young performers destroy their lives and careers because they were pushed into something that they clearly weren't ready for emotionally. David seems like a lovely boy, but it's not just his actual age - his demeanor is immature (and I don't mean that in a negative way at all). I'm one of the people who think the minimum age for AI should be raised to 18, it's nothing personal against David.

I enjoyed his performance last night - I do think he's gifted, and I think it's selling him short to consider him a likely teen idol. For every Justin Timberlake, how many Shaun Cassidys and Leif Garretts are there? (I'm dating myself here, but hopefully people will know what I mean. ) The career life of a teen idol is notoriously short, is my point, and I suspect David can do better. He'll still be cute when he's 19 or 20, I'm sure.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think people forget that Justin Timberlake didn't become a superstar until he was 22-23 years old and his real success (with his second album) didn't come until he was 25-26. Before that he did his time, learned about the business and grew up while being in a boy band, Nsync. He didn't just burst onto the scene at 16, and have all of this pressure and expectations on him.

Quote Originally Posted by raindrops47;2802750;
    I think he's an amazing singer, and I love him.

My problem is that I don't think the majority of his fanbase cares whether or not he has a good voice..
    meaning, even if he sucked, he would still make if to the top 4 or 5.
    Doubts that he'd make it even if he sucked which he doesn't

I don't think he's too young. Even though I don't like Jordin, she was 17[?] when she won and 16 when she auditioned. In the long run its better for some singers to start young in my opinion, nad he's one of them.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

David A. isn't too young. At least he's 16 and not 17. If he sings well, more power to him, that's a natural talent, you either got it or don't.

If someone wins the show they get the title of "American Idol". You have to do the work and BECOME a real idol. Justin Timberlake became one after years of work. I doubt that he would have the fame he has today if he waited to start at the age of 22. People get screwed up even if they're never child actors or teen heartthrobs. I'm not going to not vote for a contestant because I think that it MIGHT be bad for them if they win. He's already taken voice lessons and obviously has been planning on this. His family must be behind him doing it. The rules say he's old enough so as long as he performs as well as he did last night, he's got my vote.
    I could give the argument that it would be best if the carpet cleaner guy doesn't win. Once exposed to the "Hollywood" lifestyle he'll probably leave his wife and I wouldn't want that to happen. Not my problem. He performs well, I'll vote for him. I can't predict how he'll handle fame.

+ Reply to Thread