+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

First off, I find it hard to believe that David "doesn't know all of the music lingo to get his thought across to the band in a timely manner". He's been taking vocal lessons for years. He's been on Star Search. He's been on Idol for so many weeks now. If he doesn't know the lingo by now, he must be extremely retarded.

I don't have an issue with Jeff explaining what David wants. But the article depicts David standing "silently by the mic nervously pivoting one foot on its heel". SILENT. He's not there struggling, trying desperately to say what he wants to do with his song. He's standing there waiting for his Dad to explain what his Dad wants him to do. David isn't trying to say anything. There's nothing to translate.
    David is a shy kid. His friends say he's always the kid in groups that is silent. But when he's one on one with someone he's pretty talkative. It's when he's in groups that he becomes pretty quiet. So that would explain why he's SILENT. I'm 99% sure that David and Jeff have a pow-wow and then when they get to rehearsals Jeff does the talking. That to me isn't the typical stage dad.

I don't know arguing about this is moot because we're obviously not going to change our minds on this. I'll believe this rumor when American Idol makes a statement.

In journalism anonymous sources that TMZ got from the AI crew mean nothing. For all we know that anonymous source could've been someone with a personal vendetta against the Archuleta family. Heck this source could be a TMZ dude just making this up and pretending to be that "source". Until there are actual names to go along with this then it holds no water.

So once AI makes a statement this is just TMZ trying to get web hits. I know enough about journalism to not for a SECOND trust TMZ. The associated press is just as bad. They don't bother to look at the source either. You guys can believe what you want, but I need actual sources before I believe it.

Weird al...... I love that you are so extremely confident, but I don't know that anyone watching a person on a television show can ever be 99% certain of how a father and son are... especially when the father has gotten no screen time. Where in the world does your confidence come from? The best that any of us can do is make ASSUMPTIONS based upon repetitive reports that, for the past three months have been telling us that Jeff Archuleta is a controlling stage dad. These are reports from innumerous sources of which TMZ is the latest, not the first.

The "rumor" that Jeff Archuleta has been banned from backstage has been confirmed by David's voice coach. The voice coach (his from at home) is saying that it is because Jeff's expertise is giving David an unfair advantage. My ASSUMPTION is that, if that were true, Jeff Archuleta would have been banned from arranging sessions a long time ago because to allow David an unfair advantage even prior to the final 3 would have been out of line. So there has to be more behind it at this point.

And, if you are going to wait for American Idol to make an official statement of CONFIRMATION, you are going to be waiting a long, long time. There is absolutely no way the company that is Idol can make an official statement saying "yes, we banned Jeff Archuleta because he is a pain in the butt and he cost us X dollars because of his arrangement" because they would be getting into some legally sensitive areas that might potentially be grounds for interfering with the outcome of a competition/game show by influencing public opinion. You are not going to get your confirmation. Not even after the show ends, I am willing to bet.

So again, the only thing that we have to go on are the innumerous reports from all areas since the Top 24 were announced in late January that discuss Jeff Archuleta. And unfortunately the "controlling stage dad" persona far outweighs the "Jeff is just a loving dad that is watching out for his kid" persona that you're trying to portray.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I'm going by behind the scenes videos posted by the Archuletas that have extra access to David. And of course I can't be 99% certain. But my gut is telling me that Jeff is a good guy. I just get that vibe from him from interviews he's done.

And I know AI will never have a confirmation of this.

This pretty much PROVES how much TMZ is trying to make him into the stage dad from hell. Too bad Jason Castro shut that rumor down.

BTW, I've seen just about every David Archuleta video from behind the scenes. Do you have a link to the article/video of his voice coach confirming this? Again I'm not denying that he was banned from backstage for changing the lyrics/being too much of an unfair advantage. What I AM denying is the fact that he's this HORRIBLE person.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2986766;
    I'm going by behind the scenes videos posted by the Archuletas that have extra access to David. And of course I can't be 99% certain. But my gut is telling me that Jeff is a good guy. I just get that vibe from him from interviews he's done.

And I know AI will never have a confirmation of this.

This pretty much PROVES how much TMZ is trying to make him into the stage dad from hell. Too bad Jason Castro shut that rumor down.

BTW, I've seen just about every David Archuleta video from behind the scenes. Do you have a link to the article/video of his voice coach confirming this? Again I'm not denying that he was banned from backstage for changing the lyrics/being too much of an unfair advantage. What I AM denying is the fact that he's this HORRIBLE person.
    Naomi Judd has stated that she and Paula had a conversation about the overbearing father that is Jeff Archuleta. This "rumor" has been going around long, long before the TMZ article that is being discussed. There is way more evidence pointing to confirm what a crazy freak that Jeff is than there is pointing to him just being a normal supportive father.

The video with Jason proves absolutely nothing in my opinion. When they first asked him what he thought of Jeff, he didn't say anything at all... just giggled a little. After being pushed, he kept his comments as brief as possible. Having the nicest, most laid back and shy guy on the show say to a pushy paparazzo that Jeff was an OK guy does not in any way disprove that Jeff is in fact a nutcase who is ruining what would/could otherwise be a really talented performer.

Jeff has ruined David, IMO.

It's at People.com : The #1 Celebrity Site on the Web, Weird Al.... open to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by people
    David’s voice coach, Dean Kaelin, told PEOPLE in an email Saturday: “He is just not allowed to go into the arranging sessions with David. It is more of a fairness issue than anything else, since the other two contestants don’t have people on site to help with their arrangements. It is not a punishment.”
    Again... you keep on speaking of ONLY this latest tmz article as if they were the only one talking about Jeff Archuleta being a stage dad and trying to dispel it based upon tmz's credibility. As I said before, tmz is just the latest to talk about him being a stage dad. There have been reports dating back to January from many, many insiders like EW.com and tvguide.com, as well as people like Naomi Judd. So tmz's credibility or lack thereof is irrelevant.

And I don't think Jason Castro would have a mean word to say about anyone. Not your best resource there, either. He speaks only kindly about Simon, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;2986879;
    The video with Jason proves absolutely nothing in my opinion. When they first asked him what he thought of Jeff, he didn't say anything at all... just giggled a little. After being pushed, he kept his comments as brief as possible. Having the nicest, most laid back and shy guy on the show say to a pushy paparazzo that Jeff was an OK guy does not in any way disprove that Jeff is in fact a nutcase who is ruining what would/could otherwise be a really talented performer.

Jeff has ruined David, IMO.
    It's also entirely possible that Jason has no interest in slamming either David or Jeff. He knows anything he says that even hints of confirming the issues with Jeff would only make things much worse for David. I don't think he wants that.

My final post on this subject It's a blog, but it was from people.com. I don't know you guys obviously make good points. But I think it's just gotten blown way out of proportion.

FORT Fogey

“He is just not allowed to go into the arranging sessions with David. It is more of a fairness issue than anything else, since the other two contestants don’t have people on site to help with their arrangements. It is not a punishment.”
    If that is truly the reason he is banned (which I personally don't think that it is), then shouldn't the previously outed contestants be calling foul?!?!?! Why in the world would they wait until the final three to decide that David has an unfair advantage? And, even if TPTB did decide that Jeff was providing an unfair advantage, I personally think TPTB would be doing everything in their power to keep that little tidbit of information to themselves and let the next two weeks just go right by. Instead, TPTB just got fed up with his crap and kicked him out.

It has been no secret all season that Jeff has caused issues with the producers and he has been labeled a "stage dad" from the get-go. People didn't just randomly pick him out of a crowd and decide to say bad things about him. He did something to garner all of these "rumors".

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;2987077;
    It has been no secret all season that Jeff has caused issues with the producers and he has been labeled a "stage dad" from the get-go. People didn't just randomly pick him out of a crowd and decide to say bad things about him. He did something to garner all of these "rumors".
    Very true. I think it's Jeff's intensity that made him an easy target. As they said in that link I provided he's intense in his work and some people don't know how to react to that.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2987052;
    My final post on this subject It's a blog, but it was from people.com. I don't know you guys obviously make good points. But I think it's just gotten blown way out of proportion.
    Do you honestly think his employees are going to say "yes, he's a horrible stage dad and they finally got tired of his crap and booted him"? Of course, they are going to portray him in the best possible light.

I don't know how bad Jeff is, as I'm not there to witness it. But it is very difficult to believe that the rumors that have been flying about his behavior since the beginning of the season (and apparently before that as well) don't have any basis in fact. I also don't think that the other Idols are likely to comment on the situation - they may well have been asked by TPTB not to do so.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 05-11-2008 at 09:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread