+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 831

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

  1. #531
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2985653;
    Okay first off that article does not make him a stage dad. He's involved in the process. That article makes it sound like he's obsessing over it. Like all he's doing is CONSTANTLY saying that and that. In a what...hour to 2 hour rehearsal he has 4 comments on how to improve the song. I don't see the big deal.
    Just that article alone doesn't prove Jeff is a stage dad, yes. But various other articles do. The evidence:

    "Idol" sources tell TMZ Jeff has been a complete pain in the ass, interfering with the entire production. He has badgered producers, the band, vocal coaches and even other contestants.

    He was banned on the set when David did "Star Search" a few years back.

    Archuleta's Dad Banished from "Idol" -- redirect - TMZ.com
    Yes, it may be TMZ, but what was TMZ's source? People from Idol. So, we have

    1) People from Idol who have confirmed that Jeff is a stage Dad,
    2) Producers who have put up with Jeff finally banning him because he's gone too far making David sing lyrics without permission besides badgering everyone who's on the show. Badgering clearly implies that Jeff is not just making "4 comments on how to improve the song". It's more like Jeff is making 1000 comments, and not only to David, but to the entire crew, down to the janitor.
    3) Naomi Judd, a judge from Star Search, openly saying that Jeff is the stage dad from hell at the CMAs.

    All these people can't be lying. Jeff is obsessed and involved - of course, it's his son. But he's gone way too far, haranguing the production people, changing up lyrics when he has no right to...


    Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2985653;
    ''My dad is like my translator,'' Archuleta later says. ''I have issues explaining what I want.'' I also don't see the big deal in this. A translator is someone with knowledge in the "language". They have only so much time to rehearse with the band and such. So they need to be precise on what to change. David's 17 years old and doesn't know all of the music lingo to get his thought across to the band in a timely manner. Jeff is his dad and has obviously been with david for awhile now so Jeff knows what David is trying to say.
    First off, I find it hard to believe that David "doesn't know all of the music lingo to get his thought across to the band in a timely manner". He's been taking vocal lessons for years. He's been on Star Search. He's been on Idol for so many weeks now. If he doesn't know the lingo by now, he must be extremely retarded.

    I don't have an issue with Jeff explaining what David wants. But the article depicts David standing "silently by the mic nervously pivoting one foot on its heel". SILENT. He's not there struggling, trying desperately to say what he wants to do with his song. He's standing there waiting for his Dad to explain what his Dad wants him to do. David isn't trying to say anything. There's nothing to translate.
    2003-2008.

  2. #532
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2985653;
    David has enough of a singing voice that there's no reason for his Dad to be a stage dad.
    All the stage moms and dads in history have had talented kids that didn't need them to be stage parents. But that didn't stop them. Or Jeff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2985653;
    First off the press could care less about adults getting help from family members. ALL contestants are able to call/have visits from friends. Heck Jason Castro had friends over last weekend. It's not like Survivor or Big Brother where they have ZERO contact with the out side world.
    Of course the press could care less. But the fact is that they've zoomed in on David Archuleta's dad being way too involved in the process. If they did that for one contestant, I've no reason to believe they wouldn't pursue the case if it were true for anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2985653;
    IF David's Dad was a stage dad you would see a different reaction on David's face when he is told of these rumors about his dad being a stage dad. Every time he adorns his father with praise saying he's been extremely helpful. REAL stage dads have children that get a grimace on their face when their father is brought up in conversation.
    HE HAS ("adorned his father with praise")?! Where?

    I disagree that "REAL stage dads have children that get a grimace on their face when their father is brought up in conversation." REAL stage dads have whipped their kids into shape so that they know how to plaster smiles on their faces when they talk about them. That way they won't be beat up when they return home later in the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2985653;
    The fact that AI put this performance on itunes tends me to believe that it's not true. Because if it was true why would AI put it up there despite it not being legal and costing AI even more money? It just doesn't add up.
    They would put the song up on iTunes because the producers have already shelled out all the money to settle the legal rights to (that they weren't willing to originally, but were forced to in the end). Since they've already dished out the money, they have every right to milk the song for as much as it's worth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2985653;
    Oh ya, the little thing about Jeff still being allowed into the studio for the live performance is another sign that it's probably false. Why would TMZ say this? Because AI will show Jeff in the audience on Tuesday cheering his son on because he wasn't really banned and then everyone would be like "OMG TMZ said he was banned what????" TMZ is just covering their backs by saying "AI will allow him to be in the audience". If Jeff was being banned for being a stage dad he'd be banned from even stepping foot in the studio. Which isn't the case.
    I don't think TMZ is "just covering their backs". Wow, maybe they're telling... the truth! AI is banning Jeff from rehearsals because he's been troubling everyone unnecessarily. But I find it perfectly reasonable that AI still lets him watch the performances from the audience. Unless he starts getting up and dancing to show David how to dance on stage too, I doubt they'd throw him out completely.
    Last edited by Tickety; 05-11-2008 at 07:53 AM.
    2003-2008.

  3. #533
    FORT Fogey sukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    3,885

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    Actually, the story came from AP who are a credible news agency. Don't shoot the messenger
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon


    Write for HubPages.

  4. #534
    Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,756

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    Thank you tickety, I support your analysis.

  5. #535
    FORT Fanatic calamari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    638

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2985630;
    Where did you learn that

    2) the other contestants are having as much help as David A. from their family members? If they were, I'm sure the press would've gotten wind of it by now, and I haven't heard any such story.
    Since most of them don't have family members present during the rehearsal, it does seem unlikely that they're getting as much help, doesn't it? (And I think your longer post is absolutely on target, Tickety.)

    Check out the other contestants in the interview that Broadway linked to; there's no familial interference. David Cook, in particular, mentions that his father thought he should choose "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show," but he didn't think the song would work all that well for him and therefore didn't choose it. That's normal "family help" for a grown-up professional: family checks in with their opinion; you say, "Aw, thanks Dad," and ignore their advice.

    The proof is waiting for us this Tuesday, though: If Archuleta's father is not a controlling stage daddy who tells him every note to sing, then Archuleta's performances this week will be just like they always are.

    If Archuleta falls apart when his father isn't there to pull strings... I, for one, will feel really sad for him. I'm not an Archuleta fan; I think he'd be a much better singer if he were a few years more grown up, with the training to match a more mature mind; but having parents fail to launch you into becoming an independent adult is tragic.
    Last edited by calamari; 05-11-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: endless typos, one at a time

  6. #536
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    mom3, talldede and calamari!

    I keep thinking that Jeff Archuleta must be texting David instructions about everything... he doesn't seem the sort to say, "Okay, you win" and really leave his kid alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2985751;
    That's normal "family help" for a grown-up professional: family checks in with their opinion; you say, "Aw, thanks Dad," and ignore their advice.
    Absolutely! That's what I do when my Dad tells me stuff!
    2003-2008.

  7. #537
    FORT Voyeur Aceon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    1,017

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    This seems to be way more than "being involved" with your kid. For those of you familiar with golf, we have Sean O'Hair as an example of what can happen if it's allowed to go on too long. I hope David A finds his OWN voice.

  8. #538
    FORT Fan Fudatskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    366

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    we gotta give props to the dad. All his hard work/controlling/obsessive ways have finally paid off..he can finally reap the financial benefits. We need more stage dads/moms like Jeff. David A is a prime example of success

  9. #539
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    356

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2986100;
    we gotta give props to the dad. All his hard work/controlling/obsessive ways have finally paid off..he can finally reap the financial benefits. We need more stage dads/moms like Jeff. David A is a prime example of success
    Paid off for whom? Daddy or his emotionally insecure basket case son who will need therapy for the rest of his life likely!?

  10. #540
    FORT Fanatic calamari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    638

    Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

    It only pays off if Archuleta is able to sell albums and concert tickets after AI, which means he has to get extensive support from the same PTB whom his father just defied, angered, and cost money and he has to be able to do the job without further paternal interference, as everyone involved is going to be alert to any sign of his father getting out of hand.

    If the story is true, Archuleta's father has done him no favors at all. I hope we're all wrong and everything is exaggerated, simply because the story, if true, is more sickening the more I think about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.