+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

FORT Fogey

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2797696;
    WOW! I just watched that video on YT. Unbelievable! I'll take his version over Jennifer Hudson's any day. This kid is freakin' amazing. I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to this season.

It was great wasn't it? I definitely like his version better...and the people in the crowd were just blown away by his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2797725;
    It was great wasn't it? I definitely like his version better...and the people in the crowd were just blown away by his voice.
    That was actually season one's top ten. The girl that tells him to sing AITYING is Kelly Clarkson.

This kid is going far. It's almost definite.

And that video of him singing And I Am Telling You made me laugh. I loved Kelly's reaction.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I love David A. he is brilliant talented kids. I love David.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I've just finished watching all of the YouTube videos of David. I am so impressed with this kid.

My father was a musician and (big) band leader before me, and I started playing musical instruments when I was 5 years old and made a good living as a musician/singer for 5 years after college. I mention this because it is relevant to how I judge a singer's ability. One of my all time favorite singers is Frank Sinatra. Not because of my age, but because he was what we refer to as a 'musician's' singer. Yes, he had the voice, the charisma, and technical ability that made him a good singer. But, what made him a great singer was his ability to phrase. He had an innate ability when it came to expressing music that simply can't be taught. He could take any song and not just make it his own, but interpret it musically in a way usually reserved for musicians, not singers. That's what I see in David. There's a video on YT of him singing John Lennon's Imagine in which he displays that ability. And he's only 13 at the time.

I swore a few of years ago I would never again become emotionally involved with this show. I've seen America (based on my criteria) make the wrong choice for the winner of the competition too many times. Well, I guess that's changed this season. I can't help myself. I still won't vote this season, but I'm going to be rooting for this kid all the way.

the kid is a pro, not some pure innocent undiscovered talent. He's playing the "sweet/boyish" card...very smart.
    Power of deduction leads me to him finishing in top 3 or winning AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2798151;
    the kid is a pro, not some pure innocent undiscovered talent.
    Please define Pro? I know he's won some competitions including the Nationally televised Star Search, sung in church and at weddings and appeared on a local morning television show, but for me you have to be employed in a profession to be a Pro. I know very little about this kid except the videos I've seen on YT, and what I've seen of him on this show. Nothing there points to him being a Pro. Did he have a recording contract I don't know about?

"Pro" as in coached at an early age on singing/stage presence/persona. He knows all the tricks to the trades, years of experience will serve him well. As long as he plays the "innocent" card, he will be the victor. I don't see him making any missteps of egoism ala Joseah.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2798192;
    "Pro" as in coached at an early age on singing/stage presence/persona.
    Understood! I don't take the cynical viewpoint you do about this kid, but I can understand where someone might arrive at that conclusion.

Whoa, that video of him singing to Kelly is unreal! She stares in amazement at him the whole time.

I wonder how he caught the Season One contestants and convinced them to let him hear him sing? Sneaky lil charmer.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread