+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

If last year proved anything, it's how powerful the tween vote is. I think David here will be the biggest beneficiary of that, by far. Unless he turns Sanjaya on us, he's almost a sure thing for top 12, and probably a lot more than that, even.

that kid is a pro!! He ain't no sweet-faced amateur!! Check this from TMZ:

Last night, 16-year-old "Idol" contestant David Archuleta said he "doubted" his talent. We're calling his bluff!

This kid's been a pro for years. TMZ tracked down one of his earlier (and chubbier) performances from the"Jenny Jones" show. Jennifer Hudson eat your heart out -- the kid killed it with a version of "And I Am Telling You ..."

"Jones" wasn't his only pre-"Idol" TV appearance and he may have even had a record deal! For the record, FOX tells us that contestants cannot currently have a management or recording contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2795436;
    that kid is a pro!! He ain't no sweet-faced amateur!! Check this from TMZ:

Last night, 16-year-old "Idol" contestant David Archuleta said he "doubted" his talent. We're calling his bluff!

This kid's been a pro for years. TMZ tracked down one of his earlier (and chubbier) performances from the"Jenny Jones" show. Jennifer Hudson eat your heart out -- the kid killed it with a version of "And I Am Telling You ..."

"Jones" wasn't his only pre-"Idol" TV appearance and he may have even had a record deal! For the record, FOX tells us that contestants cannot currently have a management or recording contract.
    He also won Star Search.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Has he ever had a recording contract?

No, I don't believe he has ever had a recording contract. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I've watched quite a number of the Top 24 interviews on the official site, and his video has the most number of comments by far. He's going to do extremely well if he keeps performing! Nice and earnest kid. I just hope it doesn't go to his head.

One funny part in his interview was when he was talking about the weirdest thing he ever ate... he talked about some disgusting fish soup his grandmother made and was like "I just couldn't keep it down... I can't remember anything good about it" and "It might have been healthy, but it isn't worth that!" LOL funny kid!
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2795094;
    This kid just makes me smile. He has such a quiet confidence.

He will go far.
    He has great appeal because he has the Kid factor going for him along with a surprising voice for his age and size!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2794984;
    I have to disagree. IMO this kid is more talented than Federov. Federov had a story, this kid just has talent. My favorite so far.
    Agree. He is very, very good, his voice, his singing. Anthony F. was good ( he was much better in the AI4 tour than on tv) too but just not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2795023;
    Federov had talent too but not the charisma.
    I thought he was very charasmatic.

I have to throw my support behind him, he is the hometown boy and he is dang good.

He'll be there a while, I am sure. He has the Utah high school vote behind him. Remember how far Carmen Rasmussen made it with the Utah contingent?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread