+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

PS - I like this kid, but he's got to stop gasping for air between notes. Very annoying, and something my 7th grade choir coach made us stop. "Imagine there's no heaven, ... GASP ... It's easy if you try... GASP ... " cut it out already.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2818620;
    Now I'm confused.
    He beat Alex out earlier in the season.

I promised myself I will not watch AI ever again (after the Katherine Mcphee debacle). My favourites never win and AI does something to me. Alas, here I am again thanks to Archuleta and his beautiful rendition of "Imagine." :nono

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2818621;
    PS - I like this kid, but he's got to stop gasping for air between notes. Very annoying, and something my 7th grade choir coach made us stop. "Imagine there's no heaven, ... GASP ... It's easy if you try... GASP ... " cut it out already.
    That is the one thing about him that bothers me too.....I'm waiting to see if he gets it under control as the season progresses. If not, then I won't be rooting for him to win, as it's very distracting when listening to him sing.

I really like him, he seems so innocent
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I just don't get him. His speaking voice irritates me..like he is straining his vocal cords (or maybe it is because I know about his sick vocal cords?). I fast forward his performances...
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2819112;
    I just don't get him. His speaking voice irritates me..like he is straining his vocal cords (or maybe it is because I know about his sick vocal cords?). I fast forward his performances...
    Yeah I think so too, I mean if you look at his youtube clips where he song "And I am telling you" to the AI Season 1 people, he sounds perfectly fine speaking and singing. AND he didnt gasp for air in his Star Search performances either... I really think its something with the vocal chords. Anyone familiar with the vocal instrument here??

I would think its his chords, he never got surgery and he basically worked around the obstacle himself, working with whatever he's got. I find that very admirable, so I don't mind the straining when he talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Totohomo;2819334;
    Yeah I think so too, I mean if you look at his youtube clips where he song "And I am telling you" to the AI Season 1 people, he sounds perfectly fine speaking and singing. AND he didnt gasp for air in his Star Search performances either... I really think its something with the vocal chords. Anyone familiar with the vocal instrument here??

I would think its his chords, he never got surgery and he basically worked around the obstacle himself, working with whatever he's got. I find that very admirable, so I don't mind the straining when he talks.
    Yeah, I think he's still recovering from his vocal paralysis. Though I do noticed the brief gasping of air in between notes, I still can get passed that---he has the voice of an angel. I didn't catch on to the Archuleta praise until he did his cover for "Imagine"... I'm even close to buying it on iTunes.
    "Jade just needs to get laid. " - Nigel Barker

My odd idea for him for Beatles Week:

I Should Have Known Better

Why? Because he's going to have been totally pigeonholed with "sweet" songs with soaring vocals by then. Maybe a change of pace might help him.

Or I suppose if he IS going to go in that direction, go for broke and do "Hey, Jude".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Since most everybody is giving him the title already, maybe for Beatles night he couod just sing I Me Mine.

+ Reply to Thread