+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

It doesn't matter how he acts. Every reality contestant has their fans and their detractors. Fault will be found no matter how perfect they seem to be. Their perfection will even be a fault. We all form different opinions and that's just the way the world is. A trait of his that you find endearing I might find annoying, and you won't be able to change my mind. So just support your favorites and remember that we all don't share one brain
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

This adorable boy seems pretty real to me. He is only 17 and would have to be an outstanding actor to pull off the innocent act as well as he has. The blond kid that looked like Ellen DeGeneres (and got eliminated) was about the same age and one could tell he was acting a part - he was very affected and phony. (Noriega strikes me the same way with more effemininity). This kid is the real deal and he can sing. I see him as the favorite for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2816088;
    You're right, he won Star Search 2 (the Arsenio Hall version on CBS) as best Junior Singer back in 2003.
    Here's the link.

(There's video of the performances. Preliminary 3, SemiFinals 1, Finals)
    Did you notice who came in 2nd? Alexandrea.

I don't get it.
    The whole David Archuleta thing, i just don't get it.
    It's just too much of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2817233;
    I don't get it.
    The whole David Archuleta thing, i just don't get it.
    It's just too much of everything.

Amen, I hated, hated, hated, hated his version of Imagine. I thought it was overwrought, affected and displayed complete lack of understanding of the song's simple, direct melody. It was like a New Kids on the Block version of Ave Maria. Such cheese, such smelly, soft, over-manipulated cheese.

For a contemporary take on Imagine, listen to Jordis Unga's version. MUCH better.
    Last edited by Pookipichu; 02-28-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

I may be one of the few and proud who like David A. less after he chose to sing Imagine, since I'm one of the few and proud who HATES that song and is so sick of it the way the men of Full House got sick of Baby Ballooga. Not to say I no longer like him, but it took away from his originality a little for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2817118;
    Did you notice who came in 2nd? Alexandrea.
    A girl named Molly came in 2nd. Where/when did Alexandrea come in 2nd? She's not even on the contestant list.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2814694;
    I was being sarcastic.
    Ah, because I was thinking the exact same thing for David H.

DAVID A, ALL THE WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu;2817247;
    Amen, I hated, hated, hated, hated his version of Imagine. I thought it was overwrought, affected and displayed complete lack of understanding of the song's simple, direct melody. It was like a New Kids on the Block version of Ave Maria. Such cheese, such smelly, soft, over-manipulated cheese.

For a contemporary take on Imagine, listen to Jordis Unga's version. MUCH better.
    I wasn't that big of a fan of his interpretation, like you. However, performance wise, he had very solid vocals... I mean, near the end where the instruments fade, and its just him, his voice is in perfect control. That can't be said for the rest of the guys 2 days ago where the band was overshadowing their vocals. Besides, he had so much conviction over his interpretation that I ended up believing, no matter how cheesy it was.

Cheese delivered with quality is good cheese by me!
    Last edited by Totohomo; 02-29-2008 at 02:26 AM.

Hey guys, David didn't arrange the song. It was an arrangement that Eva Cassidy did back in the 90's. The LA Times had a whole article about it today. Thank God that he chose this one because the original has about 3 different notes in the whole song! Why pick apart these kids for arrangements? They barely have enough time to learn the words let alone work out the music. The songs are offered to the contestants and they don't always get their first choice. Blake Lewis did "Imagine" last season( the original way) so David did a different version and he did it perfect. They also mentioned that he may have left out the first verse because it speaks of no religion and he's a Mormon. But" he'd have to be Mozart to have come up with that artful arrangement. It takes experience to so subtly rethink a song embedded in our shared consciousness". Anyway two articles about David in the Calendar section. Maybe you can find them online.

The whole act had the aura of a "Simple Minds" farewell concert.
    Only, we are talking about a 17 year old, who's biggest accomplishment is participating in talent shows.

Whats next "My Way" ?

+ Reply to Thread