+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta - Season 7

Re: David Archuleta - Season 7

The vocals last night were really great, but I didn't like the way he rearranged the song. Imagine is such a great song as it was written, why change the notes? Did John Lennon do something wrong? It's OK to repaint the Mona Lisa unless you give her a zit or something. If the audience response is any indication of the voting, I think we may already have the winner this year. It doesn't seem to even be close.

Typically I don't like it when popular songs are rearranged to death, but I really liked this arrangement. I thought he sang it really well, and I know he has probably sung it a hundred times before but I don't care. I had the show on and was multi-tasking and he was one of the few that made me stop what I was doing to listen. It choked me up a little bit too, since I really love this song.

The kid can sing, but I also didn't like how he changed the notes to this song. IMO, it certainly wasn't necessary. Frankly, I don't usually like it when contestants do this.

FORT Fanatic

There are those who said Josiah Henson didn't make it because Idol wanted to be sure who the winner would be. Obviously they are already pimping David A. and I don't like that. Josiah would have split David's votes I think.
    I think David is good, but does not have it in the bag. I liked David Hernandez much better. I too did not like his song last night.

I've never cared much for John Lennon's solo career.

I've always felt that "Imagine" is boring musically and preachy lyrically.

I would have thought that anyone picking this song would have immediately bought themselves a ticket home.

That said, David's performance last night was absolutely stunning. I LOVED IT.

Sure, they're probably pimping the kid to win... but, then again, this is AI and who knows where things will go (I mean, c'mon... a powerhouse like Melinda Doolittle goes home in 3rd place? And let's not even mention Chris Daughtry.)

(PS - I love the other David as well. I also think Michael Johns sucks like a Hoover. See my post under his thread.)
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2814141;
    Typically I don't like it when popular songs are rearranged to death, but I really liked this arrangement. I thought he sang it really well, and I know he has probably sung it a hundred times before but I don't care. I had the show on and was multi-tasking and he was one of the few that made me stop what I was doing to listen. It choked me up a little bit too, since I really love this song.
    I couldn't agree more, and I thought his phrasing was spot on - he did show great maturity and understanding of the song's meaning. I replayed my Tivo several times, wanting to just listen to the music, but I was drawn back again and again to watching the performance. David is a gifted performer.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

The judges must be drinking the Kool-Aid also. I mean, they couldn't possibly find David talented. Certainly not that talented. Let's hope, for the sake of the show's integrity, they come out from under the spell soon.

I wonder how much hand wringing there will be when (if) David eventually misses a note. Surely THAT will prove he's nothing but hype.

well, he may win but then get dropped by his label like tylor hicks once the novelty is gone. people like him because he is yong and not that bad a singer, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2814634;
    The judges must be drinking the Kool-Aid also. I mean, they couldn't possibly find David talented. Certainly not that talented. Let's hope, for the sake of the show's integrity, they come out from under the spell soon.

I wonder how much hand wringing there will be when (if) David eventually misses a note. Surely THAT will prove he's nothing but hype.
    Are you in the wrong thread, because just a while back you loved David A, and now hes not talented?

Quote Originally Posted by 101ethan;2814646;
    well, he may win but then get dropped by his label like tylor hicks once the novelty is gone. people like him because he is yong and not that bad a singer, but that's about it.
    I would argue that David is FAR more attractive Mr. Hicks, and thus win the teeny popper demographic.

EDIT: and a better singer

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totohomo;2814682;
    Are you in the wrong thread, because just a while back you loved David A, and now hes not talented?
    I was being sarcastic.

+ Reply to Thread