+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Noriega - Season 7

Re: Danny Norriega - Season 7

I really really really really don't get why anyone is comparing him to Sanjaya.

Danny is miles ahead of Sanjaya. Danny has yet to hit a note out of tune, he has incredible tone, and I think he could potentially be a front runner.

Danny doesn't really have an attitude either.. I think for the most part, he's just kidding about the whole "hot" thing.

Danny is fabulous, and he knows it, and he flaunts it. there's nothing wrong with that.

Simply because he's gay, he's unique, and he's flamboyant doesn't mean he's going to be another Sanjaya.
    He's proven that he can sing well multiple times.

I think he's great.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2801316;
    I know absolutely nothing about this guy. I don't like his profile at all.
    He looks like one of the Cowsills.
    Good call!!! He's got those Cowsill teeth!

I think he's bugging me because he doesn't seem old enough to pull off the flamboyantly fabulous gay thing. He's no Sam Harris (Broadway SH, not the other one) in the vocal chops department and he doesn't come across with the self deprecating humor of Christian from PR. I think many tweens will find him creepy.

ITA that he is a better singer than Sanjaya, but his personality is like that of Sanjaya, where he just gets on my last nerve. Plus the hair, the talking back to the judges, the "I am fabulous attitude"....it's just all too much. His performance last night was atrocious.

At least he won't be making any annoying little girls cry! :-)
    Last edited by BuckeyeGal007; 02-20-2008 at 10:48 AM.
    Forever a Word Nerd

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2802947;
    ITA that he is a better singer than Sanjaya, but his personality is like that of Sanjaya, where he just gets on my last nerve. Plus the hair, the talking back to the judges, the "I am fabulous attitude"....it's just all too much. His performance last night was atrocious.

ITA with this post. I knew there would be a guy in the top 12 that I would immediately not like after last night and this kid didn't fail me. Glad to see that a certain other site feels the same way about him.

His great musical influence is Fantasia and his favorite singer is himself. Fantasia? Maybe he's deaf...

He sings a bit better than Sanjaya but I think he'll display even more insufferable attitude and childish petulance, not to mention girlish pouting, than Sanjaya. All he needs is a wig to become a worthy follow-up to our favorite village idiot, but in his case a wig may just be a good thing.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

I finally figured out who he reminds me of: Amanda Bynes when she was disguised as a boy in "She's the Man". I wish I could find a good picture for comparison, but I'm not that skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2802947;

Ditto me on this post!

I thought he was a decent singer during auditions, but he got on my last nerve last night.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2803296;
    Ditto me on this post!

I thought he was a decent singer during auditions, but he got on my last nerve last night.
    Mine too!

As much as he has a strong singing voice and obvious talent and confidence, I just cannot, for the life of me, visualize someone as (insert your favorite adjective here) as "he" winning this competition as an "American Idol" ... I have nothing against him personally other than the fact that I cannot see him representing this competition as a champion.
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davidbird;2803106;
    I finally figured out who he reminds me of: Amanda Bynes when she was disguised as a boy in "She's the Man". I wish I could find a good picture for comparison, but I'm not that skilled.
    You are so right!

Love lives forever <3

+ Reply to Thread