+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chikezie Eze - Season 7

Re: Chikezie Eze - Season 7

i only like his audition piece and his performance in the recent nights weren't that astounding

He's Eze like Sunday morning.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Assuming he somehow stays around...

Beatles Week suggestion:

Twist And Shout

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I like this guy, he sings well.

I totally love this guy! He's so adorable with the dimples and is extremely talented. I like that he talked back to Simon because that suit was hot and he looked hot in it! I don't think he was old fashioned at all. It was 60's night and he sang a song from the 60's that suited his voice and personality very well. And Simon does wear the same outfit every show every season so he has no business talking to anyone about fashion at all!

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;2821900;
    I totally love this guy! He's so adorable with the dimples and is extremely talented. I like that he talked back to Simon because that suit was hot and he looked hot in it! I don't think he was old fashioned at all. It was 60's night and he sang a song from the 60's that suited his voice and personality very well. And Simon does wear the same outfit every show every season so he has no business talking to anyone about fashion at all!
    I know, he talked back regarding his clothes. I still don't understand what the big deal is everyone is making about that, it was good old fashioned smack talk. It's like people are treating Simon as some kind of god that's never to be answered back to.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

What Simon wears as a critic is not relevant to what a contestant wears on a stage as a performer. The way a performer presents him or herself is actually part of the performance, and gives you a clue about who they are and what they are going to sing. It doesn't matter that Simon never strays from his wardrobe of white, gray or black shirts. He can still validly critique the way a performer looks on stage as part of the performance.

The suit that Chickezie wore was hideous and made him look like a televangelist. It was too big for him and was the color of cheeze whiz. Just as the flak about Robbie's hair seems to have affected public opinion of whether or not he's "authentic" and Alaina's dress invoked the feeling of being old and dowdy, Chickezie's suit screamed of something other than "I'm an idol, vote for me."

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;2822499;
    What Simon wears as a critic is not relevant to what a contestant wears on a stage as a performer. The way a performer presents him or herself is actually part of the performance, and gives you a clue about who they are and what they are going to sing. It doesn't matter that Simon never strays from his wardrobe of white, gray or black shirts. He can still validly critique the way a performer looks on stage as part of the performance.

The suit that Chickezie wore was hideous and made him look like a televangelist. It was too big for him and was the color of cheeze whiz. Just as the flak about Robbie's hair seems to have affected public opinion of whether or not he's "authentic" and Alaina's dress invoked the feeling of being old and dowdy, Chickezie's suit screamed of something other than "I'm an idol, vote for me."
    Well if Simon was trying to critique the way Chickezie was presenting himself on stage as a performer through his wardrobe then Simon should have praised him because that's the way soul artists dressed in the 60s, (that's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the outfit) a point that was obviously lost on Simon and a lot of viewers who also criticized the outfit.

I love when people dress for the themes. I still haven't forgiven Bo Bice for wearing Flip Flops and jeans while singing the O'Jays "For the Love of Money"
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 03-03-2008 at 06:01 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Here's a picture of the Chi-Lites, I'm sure fashion expert Simon would have had a field day with these outfits.

ChiLites-With-Eugene-1.jpg

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2822573;
    Well if Simon was trying to critique the way Chickezie was presenting himself on stage as a performer through his wardrobe then Simon should have praised him because that's the way soul artists dressed in the 60s, (that's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the outfit) a point that was obviously lost on Simon and a lot of viewers who also criticized the outfit.

I love when people dress for the themes. I still haven't forgiven Bo Bice for wearing Flip Flops and jeans while singing the O'Jays "For the Love of Money"
    OMG...one of my fave Bo performances though Tigerusty.....he had the dollar sign belt buckle too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread